Pamella Roland Spring/Summer 2016

Sora Yu, Contributing Writer

Pamella Roland dazzled the audience once again, presenting her Spring/Summer 2016 collection at the Whitney Museum of American Art. The fresh atmosphere highlighted the designer’s creative, innovative vision as the collection was inspired by the Post-Painterly Abstraction era, specifically painter and print-maker Frank Stella, along with the cultural context of Stella’s works.

Stella’s spirit was reflected within Roland’s designs, specifically in an ivory nebula lace dress sheathed with pearl beading and piping. The tasteful, chic dress suggested a wave of futurism. Another look that awed the audience was a daring mint faille gown with an intricately beaded bodice.

The show ended with a stream of white gowns that continued to amazine the audience. The runway was filled with breathtaking hues of ivory along with one translucent raffia gown that was accessorized with a bold diamond bracelet. However, the best look was saved for last as a gorgeous, ivory fluid organza gown took the runaway with an asymmetrical cape gliding behind, leaving on-lookers captivated.
This collection is a testimony to Roland’s standard of innate elegance paired with confidence and beauty, a combination that proves that dominance and sensuality can make a powerful statement. This latest collection is not for the meek or mediocre; attitude, sophistication and radiance are all encompassed within Roland’s newest season.

Sora Yu is a contributing writer. Email her at [email protected]