Valentine’s Day Menus You Will Heart

Celina Khorma, Contributing Writer

Heart-shaped chocolates and life-sized teddy bears, red roses and even redder wine — it’s no wonder Valentine’s Day is the most romantic day of the year. Luckily, you and your significant other’s celebration can live up to its full potential at these New York City dinner spots that guarantee a wonderful meal and a night to remember.

Trapizzino
144 Orchard St.

Trapizzino has you covered for that perfect bite to accompany a romantic walking date through the park. Trapizzino, a Roman street food, consists of classic Italian dishes such as Parmigiana Di Melanzane with eggplant and parmigiano reggiano all stuffed in a toasted pizza pocket. Both inexpensive and flavorful, Trapizzino is a favorite among many with its signature trapizzinos and fried risotto balls.

Cecconi’s Dumbo
55 Water St.

The only thing more romantic than revelling in the New York City skyline is revelling in it over an equally enticing meal. Cecconi’s waterfront views and tempting menu selection make this spot an excellent Valentine’s Day dinner choice. There is no special menu for the day, but you can still enjoy its classics, such as the Black Truffle and Zucchini Blossom Pizza for $46, or keep it simple with the $16 Pasta Arrabiata, all while sipping on your wine of choice from its extensive list.

Jane Restaurant
100 W. Houston St.

This classic SoHo bistro serves American fare year long, and on Valentine’s Day, a three course $55 prix fixe meal is on the menu. Start with the Braised Octopus or the Lobster Bisque. Then indulge in the Lamb Shank Ragu, with Pappardelle and Ricotta or a Warm Winter Grains plate for a hearty entree. You and your sweetheart can then share a Red Velvet Cake for Two with vanilla gelato, all while sipping on seasonal cocktails. At $14 per drink, the cocktail menu for the night is far too gendered, including a “His” drink with a whiskey base, and a “Hers” with rum and raspberry.

Dante
79-81 MacDougal St.

This quintessential New York City eatery has been welcoming locals, stars, artists and literary geniuses since 1915. It has maintained its pleasant atmosphere to this day. The $65 per person set menu begins with a complimentary mini rose petal martini flavored with rose water.

The three-course meal that follows includes items such as Hiramasa Kingfish crudo with avocado, wakame and a lime and cilantro garnish or Kumamoto Oysters with a champagne mignonette. Indulge in the Pavlova topped with white chocolate whipped cream, Turkish delight and rose petals for dessert to conclude a romantic and delectable dinner.

Bobo
181 W. 10th St.

The West Village’s charm is embodied by this Italian eatery, creating the perfect ambience for a romantic Valentine’s dinner. You could go for the $75 three-course fixed price menu and start with a Black Truffle Cauliflower Veloute, progress onto the Seared Diver Scallops with Saffron Risotto, then curb your sweet tooth with the Bittersweet Chocolate Tart — or, maybe go all the way with the six-course menu. At $95, your feast will include items such as a Chicory and Kale Salad, Roasted Cod and Lamb and that same decadent chocolate tart. Set the mood with Sommelier Wine, which pairs excellently with each menu.

When your kitchen skills fail you, it’s always great to know that the New York City restaurant scene never will — especially on the date night of all date nights.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Feb. 12 print edition. Email Celina Khorma at [email protected].