Baby, It’s Cold Outside: How to Have Fun Indoors

Via Wikimedia.org

As November gets colder it’s easier to do more stuff indoors or even outdoors. Flurry, the annual ice skating event for NYU student at Central Park, is scheduled on Dec. 4, don’t miss on free tickets and skates.

Tiffanie Hwang, Contributing Writer

It took a while, but November is finally starting to feel like November. Temperatures are dropping and it’s time to break out the sweaters and heavy coats. Colder weather invites New York’s best seasonal activities that you won’t want to miss out on.

Staying inside because of the chilly weather shouldn’t mean you have to miss out on anything. WSN has compiled the best indoor activities to help you have fun while staying warm. No more cabin fever!

Broadway Shows and Orchestra

Don’t sacrifice entertainment to avoid the bitter wind and freezing cold. Enjoy the cultural arts from the comfort of a cozy seat and indoor theater. One of the greatest perks of being an NYU student is the discounted tickets.

The NYU Box Office offers tickets to shows like Phantom of the Opera or Miss Saigon. If you’d prefer a night of music, search no further and purchase a ticket to an orchestra performance at Carnegie Hall on Dec. 7 or to a showing of Le Nozze di Figaro at the Metropolitan Opera House on Dec. 6.

NYU Ice Hockey Game

If you’ve ever wanted to finally experience some NYU school spirit and a college sports game, root for our team at one of NYU hockey’s home games. The next home games are during the weekend of Nov. 17 and Dec. 1 at Sky Rink at Chelsea Piers.

NYU hockey games are known for being edge-of-your-seat exciting and would classify as a dynamic night in. If you’re on the fence between the cold and wanting a fun evening indoors, come support your favorite school sports team.

Ice Skating in Central Park

It’s not indoors, but you’ll be surrounded by the warm and happy hearts of other NYU students skating on ice if you go to Flurry, a free annual event. You can thank the heavens for the downpour because due to the rain, Flurry has been rescheduled to Dec. 4.

Entry is free for NYU students and skates will be provided for no cost. To add onto a classic New York winter experience, catch a ride at Kimmel to and from Central Pork on a free NYC double-decker bus.

NYC Basketball FestIf you’re looking for a sports experience with brighter lights and a louder crowd, catch a seat to a New York Knicks or Brooklyn Nets game. With a plate of hot nachos while watching a hot game, you’ll even forget outside.

Grab your NYU-discounted ticket and watch the Knicks take on the Portland Trail Blazers on Nov. 2 or the Nets play the Washington Wizards on Dec. 12, or watch your New York teams go head-to-head at the Knicks vs. Nets game on Dec. 14.  

Email Tiffanie Hwang at [email protected].