The Blonds S/S 2018

Kamila Daurenova, Deputy Photo Editor

The Spring/Summer 2018 collection from New York locals The Blonds – that’s Phillipe at David Blond – brought an explosion of color and energy to Skylight Clarkson Square that carried from the runway to the devoted followers of the duo seated in the venue.

First encouraged to produce a line by Patricia Field, it was no surprise to find the costume designer seated front row, not far from Paris Hilton, Cardi B and rapper 2 Chainz. Yet all eyes were glued to the runway when Teyana Taylor opened the show in a high-cut, bright-blue latex leotard and gold ankle boots. The outfit was completed with an oversized biker jacket that merged bright pink palm leaves, graffiti and leopard print together. Another look included a pair of flared pants with silver inserts that were styled with a sequined bandeau top, staying in theme with the more retro-glam approach of the collection.

Known for the gem-encrusted bodysuits and mini-dresses that are made-to-order for Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Katy Perry and other A-list clientele, the highlights of the evening lay in the duo’s whimsical interpretations of the silhouettes. Particularly effective was a black-pearl embellished corset paired with over-the-knee boots and another done in shimmering nude and decorated with intricate scarlet roses.

Email Kamila Daurenova at [email protected].