Vivienne Westwood F/W 2018 Exhibition Preview

Sophie Shaw, Beauty & Style Editor

A considerable gathering of the fashion community celebrated the intersection of photography, art and fashion at Vivienne Westwood’s New York store on Thursday. Westwood’s collaborations with Andreas Kronthaler and Juergen Teller were the focus of the event, with two floors of gallery space above the shop dedicated to showcasing photographs done by Teller.

Throughout the evening, several models wearing a few choice pieces from the Andreas Kronthaler for Vivienne Westwood Fall/Winter 2018 collection, milled about the four floors, mingling with guests and posing for pictures. The looks stayed true to the artsy avant-garde Westwood is known for. A hip-high slit on a floral print off-the-shoulder dress revealed more than expected, and a spiked head piece topped off a mixed print look. Each model highlighted the unisex aspect of the collection, as  some of the men wore dresses, exaggerated makeup and extensions. The eclectic and eccentric elements of the fashion went well with the photographs, some of which featured Westwood in various levels of undress.

While the designs were eye-catching and amusing, attention was often subverted to celebrities coming and going throughout the night. Kim Kardashian, Andre Leon Talley and Pamela Anderson were just a few of the special guests.

Westwood’s collaborations showcased the often blurred lines between art and fashion, and how the creativity of the three artists was truly embodied in the exhibition.

Email Sophie Shaw at [email protected].