Katty Xiomara F/W 2017

Ericka Barroso, Contributing Writer

Katty Xiomara, a Portuguese designer, continued her legacy of elegant yet delightfully playful pieces on the runway with her Fall/Winter 2017 collection. Beautiful rose tones and pale shades dominated at first, giving way to vibrant blues, with darker colors finishing the show. Featuring a line of clothes that looked comfortable to wear on an everyday basis while retaining the elegant air Xiomara is known for, this collection could fit right into a New Yorker’s busy lifestyle.

As the lights signaled the beginning of the runway, the stage became populated with velvets and satins. The femininity of the skirts and dresses strutting the runway paved the way for edgier pieces in darker tones. Starting with paler tones and moving slowly towards near-black, the runway resembled the sun setting. The collection included beautiful coats in satin and gorgeous translucent dresses that molded to the model’s upper body to freely flow at the skirt.

One of the many pieces that stood out was a long, translucent dress. Though the fabric was blue, the lining was a rosy shade, perfectly merging the two styles of the show. Overall, the mixture and perfect transition from fun and flirty to edgy and unafraid made it easy to see how well the pieces portrayed the designers creativity.

Email Ericka Barroso at [email protected].