Noon by Noor F/W 2017

Courtney Dodge, Contributing Writer

Classic tan pieces opened the Noon By Noor Fall/Winter 2017 show with a bit of a tease, perhaps opting to save the best for last. After a few moments of questioning whether there was more to the color palette, viewers were greeted with bits of print and peplum that amplified the collection. The looks stuck to toned down shades of white, grey, black, navy and tan, yet the choice to refrain from any bright colors certainly allowed the designers, Shaikha Noor Al Khalifa and Shaikha Haya Al Khalifa, to take some risks with the silhouettes and fabrics. From bare midriffs to some looks that offered head-to-toe coverage, the collection simply had it all.

Each look was mainly monochromatic, allowing black belts with hanging ends and knee-length scarves, to capture some of the spotlight. A look combining both accessories cinched the scarf within the belt, showcasing a unique style choice. Prints were featured in a few pieces, comprised of shades of black and white working together to create a feathery illusion floating down the runway. An absolute standout piece featured flower embellishments and a slight peplum that left a train in the back cascading behind tailored pants. This entire look was in cream, which allowed the clean structure and unique silhouette to be fully appreciated, and transported viewers to another era with a nod to men’s tailcoats.

Models donned natural faces with their hair slicked back, effortlessly sitting behind their ears. Between the natural appearance of the models and the presence of some tailored two piece looks, bits of masculine inspiration were certainly noted. Overall, Noon By Noor’s F/W 2017 show left no silhouette untouched, combining skirts, dresses and tailored coats and pants, while still maintaining cohesion with a subdued color palette.

Email Courtney Dodge at [email protected].