Sheet Masks: A Second Skin For Your Face

Cecilia Hua, Contributing Writer

Forget about the messy mud masks that are difficult to apply and wash off. Stop trying to gather ingredients in your fridge to mash up into a sticky pile of goo. The future of face masks lies in the innovation of Korean Sheet Masks. Most Korean Sheet Masks are thin cotton sheets soaked in a liquid-based formula that, depending on which mask you purchase, delivers a myriad of facial beauty treatments that are cheap and easy. These easy-to-apply, single-use face masks are designed for all skin types and face shapes. They are soaked in powerful serums made from healthy ingredients that will make you skin look and feel great. Just apply them on your face, wait 20 minutes and your skin will feel as if it was reborn. There are plenty of types to choose from; whether you have sensitive skin or are looking for anti-aging products, there’s a sheet mask out there for you.

I’M REAL by TONYMOLY

This brand has 11 types of sheet masks each with different ingredients such as lemon, aloe, tea tree oil and avocado. There are masks for brightening, moisturizing, radiance, skin soothing and many more. You can buy all 11 sheet masks on Amazon for $12.45 or on their website for $4 each.

Skin Clinic masks by Innisfree

Another popular brand in Korea, Skin Clinic makes masks that are made of 100 percent natural cotton wool. It is so thin that you can barely feel it on your face. Its mild formula is free of animal ingredients, mineral oil and other ingredients affiliated with skin concerns. This sheet mask is good for those who are looking for a treatment that is a little stronger than the fruity sheet masks. There are seven types containing ingredients such as vitamin C, that yield different beauty results. You can get these for $2.20 each on their website or 10 for $24.70
on Amazon.

Real Nature by The Face Shop

The Face Shop offer many different types of sheet masks but their most popular are the Real Nature series. Like I’M REAL by Tonymoly, these masks are made from natural ingredients such as kelp, honey, pomegranate and cucumber. If you have sensitive skin, the pomegranate face mask is perfect for you because it has a gentle formula and is rich in antioxidants that provides long-lasting hydration. These are available at their various store locations in the city for about $2 each.

Rich Snail Masks by mothermade

Do not be frightened by the word “snail” —  this mask does wonders. The snail secretion filtrate offers incredible hydration and nourishment and has anti-aging effects. It includes collagen and elastin which will help improve your skin’s elasticity and leave it flawlessly dewy. These thin and translucent masks are 100 percent cotton cupra and are available in packs of 10 on Amazon for
only $17.95.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday Sept. 26 print edition. Email Cecilia Hua at [email protected].