Crime Log: Oct. 30 – Nov. 6

Justine Morris, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received six reports of larceny, three reports of controlled substance, two reports of harassment and one report of simple assault between Oct. 30 and Nov. 6.

Larceny

On Oct. 30 a student reported that the day before at noon, he left his bike secured to the railing in front of Shimkin Hall and discovered his bike wheels missing when he returned on the morning of the 30th. Police notification was declined.

On Oct. 31 a student reported that on Oct. 29 he secured his bike to the railing in front of Shimkin Hall with two locks and when he returned at 1 a.m. on the 30th the bike and locks were missing. Police were not notified.

On Nov. 2 a student reported that on Oct. 30 at 6 p.m. he left his laptop in the lower level of Weinstein Hall and discovered it missing when he returned half an hour later. NYPD was not notified.

On Nov. 4 a student reported that two days prior at 6:30 p.m. he had secured his bike outside Schwartz Plaza and discovered it gone when he returned two hours later. A report was filed with the NYPD.

On Nov. 5 at 1:15 p.m. a student reported that she secured her bike to the rack on University Place at 12:15 p.m. and discovered the bike frame and back tire missing when she returned at 1:15 p.m. Police notification was declined.

On Nov. 6 at 3:43 a.m. a security officer reported that at 3:38 a.m. three unidentified males entered the Palladium lobby and stole a rug. The report is still under investigation.

Controlled Substance

On Nov. 1 at 11:31 p.m. Public Safety in Lafayette Residence Hall responded to a report of a controlled substance and recovered some marijuana.

On Nov. 1 at 11:54 p.m. in Third Avenue North Residence Hall, Public Safety responded to a report of a controlled substance and recovered a small amount of marijuana.

On Nov. 5 at 9:50 p.m. Public Safety in Goddard Hall responded to a report of controlled substance and recovered a small amount of marijuana.

Harassment

On Nov. 2 at 4:00 p.m. a student from Lafayette Residence Hall reported that from Sept. 9 through Nov. 1 she received harassing phone calls, texts and social media messages from her ex-boyfriend. Police notification was declined.

On Nov. 6 at 6:16 a.m., three students reported that at 4 a.m. they were followed by an unknown male who pulled on a student’s shirt and put his arm around another student’s waist while they were walking from Third Avenue North to Brittany Residence Hall. Police notification was declined.

Simple Assault

On Oct. 30 in Brittany a student reported he was punched multiple times in the face by his roommate after an argument. Police were not notified. 

A version of this article appeared in the Nov. 9 print edition. Email Justine Morris at [email protected].