Tenby Spring/Summer 2016

Grace Halio, Deputy Features Editor

The premier collection of Tenby Spring Summer 2016 emulated classic spring vibes and placed a clear emphasis on sharp tailoring and workmanship. The color palette for the collection was a mix of pinks and blood orange, navy, black and white. Former design director at Elie Tahari Kara Janx joined the Tenby team as senior designer director and launched the line with a lush but practical presentation.

“I wanted to design what I love to wear,” Janx said. “It’s very much an enchanted garden theme, you can see the juxtapositions in nature itself.” The different textures and layers throughout the collection celebrated the essence of spring. Florals and dainty beadwork were simply and elegantly incorporated.

Fresh-faced models wore their hair in tight, intricate french braids. Dangling and cluster earrings added a bit more sparkle, while peep-toe stilettos in shiny pastels and neutrals completed the looks.

Streamlined silhouettes dominated the collection. A white wide-leg pantsuit was a standout piece, as the lapels of the jacket were dotted with pearls. Lace also played a large role in the line, and brought a very feminine touch to the more harsh lines of the garments. Lace detailing was seen on the back of a leather jacket, and a peplum top made entirely of lace was paired with a matchstick trousers. Two flowing, almost avant-garde skirts were main attractions of the presentation. The draping and layering of each piece allowed for elegant volume.
Janx knows how to design for the modern woman. Each piece in the collection seemed within reach, exemplified by many of the skirts having pockets that were both beautiful and functional. Overall, the collection was best described by the designer herself  “new, and timeless.”

Email Grace Halio at [email protected].