Cristina Raules Fall/Winter 2015

Chevaz Clarke, Contributing Writer

Cristina Raules redefined business chic with her Fall/Winter 2015 collection. Her mix of urban fashion meets Wall Street set the stage for her latest collection presented at The Stowaway.

Raules presented a modern twist on traditional female business attire and semi-casual wear. She featured sleek lines and cuts that complemented the models figures, made up of light materials, as well as zips, rouched sides, drawstrings in unconventional places, pleated skirts and a glimpse every now and then of sheer fabric. Contrasting sleeves stood out amongst the sea of dark tones, with cable back sweaters making an appearance.

The collection included a long blazer jacket matched with leggings and a leather moto jacket with a drop crotch trouser. There was also a hint of streetwear with a charcoal hoodie and modern cut sweatpants. The geometric cuts and patterns in the outfits gave an overall sharp look. The colors featured were a variety of grey tones, complemented with black, white and khaki.

The standout look of the collection was a bomber jacket transformed to a backpack.  With several looks showcasing the bomber jacket in its conventional form, one particular model wore a quilted bomber jacket on her back, an innovative touch to the collection. Another surprise feature during the show was a model wearing pointe shoes as she successfully made her way down the runway.

For the chic metropolitan woman, Raules latest collection will provide a trendsetting update to any closet.

Email Chevaz Clarke at [email protected]