Lela Rose Fall/Winter 2015

Grace Halio, Contributing Writer

Lela Rose’s Fall/Winter 2015 show featured a contemporary mix of colors and patterns presented in intriguing textures. Steel grey dresses were accented by sparkling appliqués, while silver pleated gowns and skirts glistened on the runway.  Pale blue and pink peacock-esque prints adorned a white gown, while a black mid-length, A-line dress was dotted with turquoise and royal blue.

One of the most notable looks in the collection was a sleeveless top and full skirt. The glistening pink, streamlined top perfectly balanced out it’s white feathery floor length counterpart.
Hair was pulled back into sculpted, bumped up ponytails, creating a retro vibe. Makeup was kept natural and models wore a sheer nude lipstick so the patterns and textures of the garments could really speak. Models strode down the runway in pointy-toed stilettos in gunmetal and black.
Instead of the repetitive gauchos seen on many runways this seen, this line featured a tailored, full-length pant with a slight flare leg in silver. It was paired with a short sleeve silver jacquard flared jacket.
Another main aspect of the collection was the incorporation of ruffles: on pants, jackets, tops and skirts alike. Though they added femininity to the collection by contrasting the more monochromatic pieces, the spring pastels seemed slightly out of place.
Lela Rose presented a line that evoked the versatility of the modern woman and helped to remind us that she can always be fierce, yet equally playful.

Email Grace Halio at [email protected]