Women’s Soccer

Melissa Menta scored the Violets first goal in the UAA Opener against Case Western Reserve University on Saturday, October 3rd.
via gonyuathletics.com
Melissa Menta scored the Violets’ first goal in the UAA Opener against Case Western Reserve University on Saturday, October 3rd.

2018-19 Record: 10-6-3

Athlete to Watch: Starting goalkeeper Meghan Marhan recorded career bests in minutes played, saves, wins and shutouts last season on her way to being named to the First Team All-UAA. The Stern junior has already had a strong start to her season, recording a shutout in the team’s first game against Rutgers University and making four saves in a win against Vassar College on Sunday.

You Should Know: NYU 2019 graduate Maddie Pena was named Second Team All-American in February. As a senior, she set an NYU record for most assists in a single season (10) and led the team in points (24), shots (38) and shots on goal (22).

In One Sentence: The women’s soccer team is as focused as ever and looks to make its mark this season after suffering a narrow defeat to Virginia Wesleyan College in the first round of the NCAA tournament last season.

Next game: Sept. 7 at 2 p.m. vs. St. John Fisher College in Hoboken, New Jersey