Student fondled near Paulson Center

The student was walking on West 3rd Street between LaGuardia Place and Mercer Street before the suspect “grabbed their buttocks.”
File Photo: Washington Square Village, between Mercer Street and LaGuardia Place. (Photo by Tayler MacMillan)

An NYU student was assaulted Thursday evening near the Paulson Center, Campus Safety head Fountain Walker reported in a universitywide email. 

The student was walking along West 3rd Street at around 9:30 p.m. before the suspect approached them and “grabbed their buttocks,” fleeing the scene immediately after. No injuries were reported on the scene. Soon after, the student filed a police report with the New York City Police Department. 

The NYPD told WSN they were unable to provide any additional information.

The alert from the Department of Campus Safety describes the suspects as male with light complexion, and wearing a dark hoodie and facemask.

Contact Adrianna Nehme at [email protected].

Adrianna Nehme
Adrianna Nehme, News Editor
Adrianna Nehme is a sophomore still trying to decide what to major in. Originally from a small town in Indiana, she moved to Chicago, Illinois for high school — where she was also the news editor for the school paper! She loves experiencing music live at concerts, seeking restaurants to try in the city and reading fiction novels — her all-time favorite is "The Cider House Rules" by John Irving. Check out her latest adventures on Instagram @adrianna.nehme.

• B

Bob KatzFeb 18, 2024 at 9:36 am

Thankfully the student was not injured. However with all the crazies in the world from small towns to large cities safety of students and faculty has become a big problem. Schools must inform their students how to stay safe.