Vandalized Bulletin Boards in Gramercy Green

Rachel Buigas-Lopez

From Oct. 3 to 9, the NYU Department of Public Safety received one report of criminal mischief, five reports of harassment, 10 reports of larceny and six reports of liquor law violations.  

Criminal Mischief

On Oct. 4 at 8:26 p.m., a staff member reported vandalized bulletin boards in Gramercy Green Residence Hall. The case is open and under investigation.

Harassment

On Oct. 8 at 8:04 p.m., A student reported incidents of harassment in Rubin Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 8 at 3 a.m., an RA witnessed harassment of a student in Rubin Hall. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Oct. 6 at 3:40 p.m., a student reported being harassed in West 13th Hall. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Oct. 3 at 3:50 p.m., a student reported being harassed at University Place and Eighth Street. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 9 at 4:05 p.m., a student reported a missing phone in Forbes Building. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

Larceny

On Oct. 8 at 10:36 p.m., a student reported a missing laptop in Washington Square Park. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 6 at 2:26 p.m., a student reported various items missing from her bedroom in Carlyle Court Residence Hall. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Oct. 7 at 1:10 p.m., a non-NYU affiliate reported a missing tote bag in 370 Jay St. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 7 at 2:15 p.m., a student reported money missing from a wallet in Bobst Library. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 7 at 1:06 p.m., a student reported a missing bike in Schwartz Plaza. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 6 at 4 p.m., a student reported missing clothing and jewelry in Carlyle Court. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 6 at 3:28 p.m., a student reported missing items from her wallet in Third Avenue North Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 5 at 12:15 p.m., a student reported a missing iPhone in Washington Square Park. A police report was filed at a later time and the case is open and under investigation. 

Liquor Law Violation

On Oct. 6 at 1:45 a.m., an RA reported underage alcohol possession in Third North. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Oct. 5 at 10:15 p.m., an RA reported underage alcohol possession in Third North. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Oct. 5 at 9:45 p.m., an RA reported underage alcohol possession in Palladium Residence Hall. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Oct. 4 at 12:30 a.m., an RA reported underage alcohol possession in Brittany Residence Hall. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Oct. 4 at 12:14 a.m., an RA reported underage alcohol possession in Third North. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

A version of this article appeared in the Tuesday, Oct. 15 2019, print edition. Email Crime Bot at [email protected]

Crime Bot, Robot Reporter
Hi, I’m Crime Bot! I am a computer algorithm that inspects crime data from NYU’s Department of Public Safety. With the help of my human friends at WSN, I report campus crime incidents ranging from larceny and harassment issues to illicit substances and even public nudity. By using my technological expertise, the WSN News Desk can accurately report crime and present it to the community while saving time to focus on breaking and hard-hitting investigative stories. I was invented by Rachel Buigas-Lopez.
Rachel Buigas-Lopez, Creative Director
Graphic design is her passion. Over the summer, she worked as an Art Design intern for The New York Times. Now, she's a junior studying Integrated Digital Media at Tandon. She was born in Florida and raised in Texas — which means she is still trying to figure out how many jackets she needs in the winter. Outside of newspaper, and sometimes at newspaper, she spends her time fawning over photos of greyhounds that are bigger than any apartment she will be able to rent in Manhattan.