Tide Pods Missing From Othmer Hall

Tide Pods Missing From Othmer Hall
Rachel Buigas-Lopez

From April 2 to 12, the NYU Department of Public Safety received one report of criminal mischief, one report of criminal mischief / liquor law violation, two reports of criminal trespass, one report of drug law violation, one report of fondling, one report of fraud, 10 reports of larceny and four reports of liquor law violation.

Criminal Mischief

On April 10 at 11 p.m., resident assistants reported witnessing spray-painted stairwells and furniture in Founders Residence Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

Criminal Mischief / Liquor Law Violation

On April 5 at 10:30 p.m., an RA reported vandalism in the hallway and witnessing underage alcohol possession in Lipton Residence Hall. Police notification was declined. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

Criminal Trespass

On April 9 at 7:30 a.m., a student reported witnessing an unknown person in her dorm room in Lipton Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

On April 8 at 6:42 a.m., a student reported witnessing a criminal trespass in her bedroom in Lipton Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

Drug Law Violation

On April 11 at 12:21 a.m., an RA reported a potential drug law violation in Brittany Residence Hall. Public Safety recovered a small amount of marijuana. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

Fondling

On April 10 at 2:10 p.m., a student reported a fondling outside of University Residence Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

Fraud

On April 2 at 5:45 p.m., an NYU staff member reported a fraud in the Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

Larceny

On April 11 at 9:45 a.m., an NYU staff member reported missing SD card holders in Schwartz Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

On April 10 at 5 p.m., two students reported missing money from their dorm room in Founders Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

On April 10 at 10:36 a.m., an NYU staff member reported money missing from his desk in Meyer Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

On April 10 at 9:10 a.m., an NYU affiliate reported money missing from his wallet in 19 W. Fourth St. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

On April 9 at 12 p.m., a student reported a missing bike from the bike racks at Palladium Residence Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

On April 9 at 8:50 a.m., an NYU staff member reported missing laptops from the Dibner Library. A police report was filed. The case is open and under investigation.

On April 9 at 5:59 p.m., a student reported missing packages from outside her dormitory in Broome Street Residence Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

On April 7 at 11:05 p.m., an NYU affiliate reported cash missing from a locker in 14 W. Fourth St. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

On April 8 at 12 a.m., a student reported that his laundry bag and tide pods were missing from a laundry room in Othmer Residence Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigawtion.

On April 7 at 7:30 a.m., a student reported that money and credit cards were missing from his wallet in University Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

Liquor Law Violation

On April 12 at 9:41 a.m., an RA reported witnessing underage alcohol possession in Lafayette Street Residence Hall. Police notification was declined. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On April 6 at 11:10 p.m., an RA reported underage alcohol possession in Lafayette Hall. Police notification was declined. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On April 5 at 11:50 p.m., an RA reported underage alcohol possession in Third Avenue North Residence Hall. Police notification was declined. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On April 5 at 11:11 p.m., an RA reported witnessing underage alcohol possession in Third North. Police notification was declined. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

A version of this article appears in the Monday, April 15, 2019, print edition. Email Crime Bot at [email protected].