ICY presents: DYNASTY S/S 2020

Sara Miranda
(Staff Photo by Sara Miranda)

As guests walked into the dimly lit Dynasty Spring/Summer 2020 runway, an instant sense of mysticism fell over the room. The blue and red lighting that adorned the main walkway was accompanied by traditional Chinese music, and everyone present held their breath as the models began to walk the runway.

HUIMAN

The lights rise on the first brand of the night, Huiman. This collection was all about the beauty of simplicity — long, wispy sleeves and loose-fitting clothing in lavender, mint green and white were prominent. The unique use of tassels — either around the model’s neck, covering their face or cinched at the waist, gave this collection a hint of restriction despite the loose tailoring.

LEAF XIA

As always, Leaf Xia’s collection was colorful and unpredictable. Various neons — pink, green, yellow — were utilized in tandem with bright butterfly and flower prints. Layered tulle made quite a few appearances, adding an ethereality to the bold pieces.

FENGYI TAN

The long and loose blazers of this collection came in various pastels, and the satin on the fringes or collars added a touch of shine. However, it was the accessories that stole the show — slinky-inspired earrings wrapped around the models’ heads, a few models sported masks and others wore headpieces that resembled hats without crowns.

ALL COMES FROM NOTHING

Black, khaki, blue and gold were dominant throughout designer Eva Xu’s line. Loose frills were hemmed onto the majority of the pieces, and wedged boots with gold soles accompanied them. Overall, the collection was cohesive and consistent but without any standout looks.

Read more of WSN’s New York Fashion Week coverage here. Email Nya Etienne at [email protected].