Meet Exposures: Emma Li

Meet one of our new Exposures Photographers.

Emma Li

To start off the semester, Under the Arch’s Exposures is running a series in which its new photography staff displays photo essays to introduce themselves, their style and why they love photography while beginning to prep and shoot projects for the rest of the year. We hope you enjoy getting to know them and are as excited for their upcoming work as we are.

Illustrator Sonnie Kozlover, a resident at the creative community Chinatown Soup.
Street scene in downtown Los Angeles.

Emma Li is a CAS senior double majoring in Journalism and Language and Mind, and minoring in Cinema Studies. She is a Los Angeles native who (occasionally) enjoys New York City’s seasonal weather. Emma is interested in culture and the arts, and has contributed writing and photography to publications on the topics of fashion, music, film, art and design.

Fun in the sun at the Getty Villa in Malibu, California.

In her free time, she enjoys taking street photography, drawing traditional and digital art, crossing films off her Letterboxd watch list and visiting art museums and galleries around New York.

Daytime shooting star at the top of 30 Rockefeller.

Emma’s interest in candid photography stems from her belief that one’s environment strongly informs their work. She enjoys photographing seemingly mundane situations and framing them from fresh perspectives that reveal new elements of familiar settings.

People watching at La Jolla, California.

Email Emma Li at [email protected]