Fancy Facials for a Fresh Face

Because your skin deserves it.

Dyanna Fleites-Cruz tries on a homemade face-mask, NYU also has many option for local retail facials.

Start of the semester got you down? Weather that won’t make up its mind affecting your skin? Just need some self-care? All of the above? We’ve got you.

Give your skin the love it deserves with a facial at any of these five spots, all short walks from campus.

Christine Chin $$$
82 Orchard St.

This Lower East Side spa takes your skin seriously. They have an extensive range of facial options and a customized facial that’s designed to cater to your specific needs. CAS junior Eva Minisini, a frequent Christine Chin client, said her favorite treatment is the Glow Facial. A mix of cleansing, steaming, exfoliating and applying different facial masques, this treatment is a game changer for your skin.

“They really target your pores,” Minisini said. “You leave feeling so fresh and dewy.”

Face Gym $$
670 Broadway

A newcomer to campus, Face Gym is wildly different from your traditional spa. In fact, it doesn’t consider itself a spa at all. According to its website, a session here is more than just a facial — it’s a workout for your face. Book yours online and pick which treatment you feel your skin needs most, from de-puffing to sculpting, radiance, hydration and detox. Depending on which you pick, you’ll be presented with a range of treatments, all of which consist of workout-like kneading movements on your face to lift and sculpt it, leaving you feeling firm and fresh.

Heyday NoHo $$
382 Lafayette St.

You may not be the expert on what your skin needs, so reading from a list of spa services at times just feels futile. Heyday gets it, which is why all of their facials are personalized. Your experience begins with a skin analysis session, and the rest is out of your hands. According to Heyday’s website, regardless of your skin’s needs, your facial of 30, 50 or 75 minutes will cleanse, exfoliate, hydrate and conclude with SPF application for extra sun protection.

Silver Mirror Facial Bar $$
20 W. 22nd St.

Venture to the Flatiron District, where Silver Mirror Facial Bar awaits you. The spa offers 30 and 50-minute sessions, the latter targeting your skin’s needs with a little extra love. Choose between their Signature, Party-Prep or even Just-for-Men facials if you’re feeling a shorter session, but if your goal is to target acne, sensitive skin or dryness, opt for the longer treatments. CAS sophomore Aimisi Aguele swears by Silver Mirror Facial Bar.

“It’s perfect for the cold weather we experience in New York because my skin gets really dry,” Aguele said. “I get a facial here every so often and it makes my skin feel amazing.”

Haven Spa $$
250 Mercer St.

A hop, skip and a jump away from Bobst, Haven is the perfect spot for a de-stressing session during a study break. Their facial list is extensive, and you’re guaranteed to find one that suits your needs perfectly. Choose from their signature offerings, like the Fire and Ice, which smooths and hydrates your skin with masks and other botanical applications. For extra hydration, book a 30-minute long HydraFacial — perfect for both oily and dry skin — leaving you with a bright, even and fresh finish.

A version of this article appears in the Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019, print edition. Email Celina Khorma at [email protected]