Not Under-Plucked or Over-Tweezed, Brow Technicians to Trust

Put the DIY boxes down and leave your brows in the hands of professionals

A bad manicure is a disappointment, a bad haircut can feel like a nightmare, but a bad eyebrow appointment is unforgivable. Whether you prefer them thin or thick, it’s essential to feel comfortable with the person reshaping them. To expedite the search for your new eyebrow spot,we’ve compiled a list of estheticians who will shape your brows to whatever your heart — and wallet — desires.

The storefront of Maya Salon and Spa on Greenwich Ave. (Photo by Julia McNeill)

Maya Salon & Spa

3 Greenwich Ave.

This hole-in-the-wall studio is located on Sixth Avenue and Greenwich Avenue and is your classic beauty salon (with a hot pink wall and a zebra ottoman to boot.) Threading starts at $8 for eyebrows and ranges from $5 and up for other parts of the face. Maya also offers waxes of almost every body part, henna tattoos, facials  and eyebrow tints. Although tiny, the salon is often crowded by eager clients, it’s worth the visit for your quick touch up or long-term sculpting.

Brows Zone

8 W. Fourth St.

This salon is so close to campus, you might be able to change your look between classes. Brows Zone on 8 W. 4th Street (one of two locations) is another quick service brow studio that offers affordable prices (threading starts at $8)  and trustworthy service. Following their motto, “A simple salon with sophisticated service,” Brows Zone not only offers typical services but intricate waxing and laser hair removal.

The storefront of Benefit Cosmetics Boutique & Brow Bar on 6th Avenue. (Photo by Julia McNeill)

Benefit Cosmetics Brows a Go-Go

434 Sixth Ave.

This studio may be pricier compared to the preceding two (an eyebrow wax starts at $23, and a thread is priced at $28), but the luxury brand association and retro atmosphere might be worth it. This location also offers waxes and threading to other parts of the face and sells a wide spread of Benefit Cosmetics beauty products. If you want to treat yourself, this beauty haven is only five minutes west of Washington Square Park.

The storefront of Joey Healy Eyebrow Studio on University Place. (Photo by Julia McNeill)

Joey Healy Eyebrow Studio

51 University Pl.

Special to New York City, Joey Healy Eyebrow Studio offers an eyebrow experience unlike any other. Steps away from Weinstein and the Cantor Film Center, this luxurious modern studio requires a pre-booked appointment and only offers four options (eyebrow trimming, blueprint, tinting or shaping.) This salon is for those who want to invest time and money into their brows with prices that range from $40 to $180 and appointments that last as long as 20 to 40 minutes.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Nov. 12 print edition. Email Bella Gil at [email protected].

Julia McNeill, Multimedia Editor

Julia McNeill is a senior studying Art History, Computing and Data Science, and Web Development. When she was a child, she used to study the pages of National Geographic and dream of becoming a photographer. You can usually find her eating mac ’n’ cheese, drinking seltzer, doing crossword puzzles and reading Wikipedia plot summaries before watching films. When she wants to relax, she resorts to meticulously organizing her Spotify playlists. She adores hiking and camping and would like to escape the city sometime soon. You can find her on her instagram @julia.mcneill.