Student Reports Bowl and Jeans Missing From Dorm

Kristina Hayhurst, Deputy News Editor

From March 30 to April 6, the NYU Department of Public Safety received two reports of assault, one report of criminal mischief, one report of harassment, nine reports of larceny, one report of stalking and one report of trespassing.

Assault

On March 31 at 7:28 p.m., two NYU students reported that they were assaulted while walking south on Lawrence Street around the Dibner building. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation.

On April 2 at 8:46 p.m., an NYU employee reported that he was the victim of an assault in the Forbes Building. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

Criminal Mischief

On March 31 at 2:40 a.m., a Public Safety Officer witnessed an unidentified male kick a glass partition, breaking it at 80 Lafayette. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation.

Harassment

On March 31 at 11:50 p.m., an NYU student reported that she was harassed at Othmer Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

Larceny

On March 30 at 4:20 p.m., a Stony Brook University student reported that his jacket was missing from the sixth floor. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On April 1 at 3:00 a.m., a delivery person reported that his bike was stolen from outside Brittany Residence Hall. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation.

On April 2 at 11:30 a.m., a student reported that his jacket was missing from the third floor common area in the Basic Science Building. The case is open and under investigation.

On April 2 at 1:30 p.m., a student reported that her wallet was missing from a classroom in Rubin Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On April 3 at 1:13 p.m., an NYU student reported that his bookbag was missing from the cafeteria in Kimmel Center for University Life. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On April 3 at 3:30 p.m., an NYU Abu Dhabi student reported that his bike was missing from the bike room in Palladium Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On April 3 at 5:10 p.m., an NYU student reported that a bowl and a pair of jeans were missing from his room in Othmer Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On April 3 at 9:55 p.m., two NYU students reported that money was taken from their wallets stashed in an unsecured locker in Palladium Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On April 4 at 9:00 p.m., two students reported that a purse and money were missing from their dormitory in Carlyle Court Residence Hall. The case is open and under investigation.

Stalking

On April 2 at 5:23 p.m., a student reported that she was the victim of stalking in Washington Square Park. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation.

Trespassing

On April 4 at 3:48 p.m., a Public Safety Officer reported that a non-NYU affiliated person trespassed at 400 Broome Street. No police report was filed and the person was escorted out of the building.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, April 9 print edition. Email Kristina Hayhurst at [email protected]