Crime Log: Oct. 13 to Oct. 19

Sakshi Venkatraman, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received 12 reports of larceny, two reports of harassment and one report of criminal mischief from Oct. 13 to Oct. 19.

Larceny

On Oct. 13 at 5:35 p.m., an NYU student reported that his bike was missing from the Schwartz Plaza. A police report was filed, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 13 at 5:44 p.m., a member of Public Safety reported that a bike belonging to an NYU student was missing from the 721 Broadway bike rack. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 14 at 7:25 p.m., an NYU affiliate reported receiving harassing phone calls in Elmer Holmes Bobst Library. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 16 at some point between 3 p.m. and 10 p.m., an NYU student found that two purses and a coat were missing from her Coral Towers apartment. A police report was filed, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 16 at 4:05 p.m., an NYU student reported that his bike was missing from the Fourth Street and Mercer Street bike racks. A police report was filed, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 16 at 5:40 p.m., an NYU staff member reported that her wallet was missing from her office at 725 Broadway. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 17 at 10 a.m., an NYU staff member reported that 10 HIV testing kits were missing from an office in the Basic Science building. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 17 at 6 p.m., an NYU student reported that money was missing from his backpack at 721 Broadway. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 19 at 10:40 a.m., an NYU staff member reported that a key was missing from 194 Mercer Street. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 19 at 12:10 p.m., an NYU student reported that her trench coat was missing from a classroom at 721 Broadway. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 19 at 5:31 p.m., an NYU staff member reported that her purse was missing from her office. A police report was filed, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 19 at 6:15 p.m., an NYU student reported that his wallet was missing from his desk at 19 W. 4th St. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

Harassment

On Oct. 16 at 4:07 p.m., an NYU student reported that she was a victim of harassment at Third Avenue North Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 19 at 12:25 p.m., an NYU student reported that another student was a victim of harassment at the Barney Building. Police notification was declined, and the report was closed and referred to student affairs.

Criminal Mischief

On Oct. 17 at 12:45 a.m., a member of Public Safety observed graffiti in the lower level of Bobst Library. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Oct. 23 print edition. Email Sakshi Venkatraman at [email protected].