Fall Beauty DIYs to Spice Things Up

The+combination+of+coffee+and+pumpkin+is+a+great+exfoliant+for+your+skin+and+fall+is+the+perfect+time+to+treat+yourself+with+an+invigorating+facial.+

Via Facebook

The combination of coffee and pumpkin is a great exfoliant for your skin and fall is the perfect time to treat yourself with an invigorating facial.

Tyler Crews, Contributing Writer

Fall is officially here, and we all know what that means: pumpkin spice can officially make its socially acceptable return. Fall has become synonymous with the sweet treats it brings, whether it be pumpkin spice lattes, salted caramels, apple ciders or cranberry cocktails. We are practically experts at scoping out these flavors to eat, so why not try them on our face and body? These quick and easy DIY beauty products will help nourish your skin and hair as they adjust to the colder weather, and you will smell absolutely delicious.

Pumpkin Spice Latte Face Mask

The combination of coffee and pumpkin has the potential to do more than boost your energy in the mornings. Pumpkin is filled with alpha hydroxy acids, enzymes and vitamins, making it a perfect exfoliant to revitalize your skin. Just mix the ingredients, apply evenly over your face and leave it on for 10 minutes.

Ingredients:

½ cup brown sugar

1 tablespoon ground coffee

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 tablespoon pumpkin puree

3 tablespoons honey

Autumn Cinnamon Hair Mask

Now that you have given your skin a boost, it is time to give your hair some attention. This mask will leave your hair clean, glossy, super soft and, most importantly, smelling delicious. Once you mix the ingredients, warm them for a couple of seconds in the microwave and apply, starting at the scalp and moving down your strands. Try to wait before rinsing it out for as long as you can, but the ideal time would be an hour. If you have longer locks, double the ingredients.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon honey

2 tablespoons cinnamon

Vegan Salted Caramel Face Mask/Scrub

This delicious smelling mask is both anti-acne and antiaging, with anti-inflammatory and hydrating ingredients. Adding salt or brown sugar quickly transforms this mask into a scrub. Leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it off.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon coconut milk

1 tablespoon honey

1 tablespoon coconut oil

2 teaspoons peanut butter

Cranberry Toner

While this may be jumping too far into the Thanksgiving season, cranberries are amazing for your skin. Full of vitamins and antioxidants, cranberries are great for brightening your skin and blocking out bacteria. This toner does wonders for oily and acne prone skin, with only two ingredients. If kept refrigerated, it can be used for a couple of weeks. Apply with a cotton pad or washcloth.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons cranberry juice

½ cup witch hazel (found at any drugstore)

Bottle or container

The changing of seasons does not have to result in a beauty disaster. Additionally, you do not have to break your budget in order to keep up with beauty treatments. Use these treatments from time to time and keep a lookout for other DIYs so that you will be all set to tackle even the the biggest beauty issues.

Email Tyler Crews at [email protected].