Crime Log: Sept. 14 to Sept. 21

Miranda Levingston, News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received 16 reports of larceny, one report of criminal mischief, two reports of trespassing, one report of simple assault, one report of found property, four reports of harassment and one report of controlled substance between Sept. 14 and Sept. 21.

Larceny
On Sept. 15 at 4:30 p.m. Public Safety received a report that a student’s bed sheets were missing from the laundry room in Second Street Residence Hall. The case was closed and the sheets were returned. Police notification was declined.

On Sept. 15 at 5:25 p.m. Public Safety received a report from the NYU Bookstore that three unidentified men stole three BOSE headphones from the Computer Lab in the NYU Bookstore on Sept. 12 at 3:04 p.m. A police report was filed and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 17 at 1:59 p.m. Public Safety received a report from two NYU students that their bathmat was missing from the laundry room in Brittany Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 17 at 2:15 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her bike was missing from the 721 Broadway bike rack. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 18 at 1:30 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her handbag was missing from a classroom at 726 Broadway. A police report was filed.

On Sept. 18 at 1:30 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his NYU ID was missing from the laundry room in Othmer Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 18 at 5:07 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her hand creams were missing from her desk drawer at 41 E. 11th St. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 18 at 4:50 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his wallet was missing from a treadmill at the Palladium Athletic Center. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 18 at 10:00 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her bike was missing from the Meyer Hall bike rack. The report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 18 at 11:07 a.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her backpack was missing from a study room in Kimball Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 19 at 9:00 a.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his bike was missing from the bike rack in Schwartz Plaza. Police notification was declined, but the student filed a police report on Sept. 20. The report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 20 at 4:35 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her bike was missing from the Schwartz Plaza bike rack. A police report was filed and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 20 at 9:35 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his bike was missing from a bike rack in Schwartz Plaza. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 21 at 4:15 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU staff member that a short throw projector was missing from a cart in a classroom in Rogers Hall. A police report was filed and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 21 at 8:20 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU affiliate that her glasses were missing from the Weinstein Hall cafeteria kitchen. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 21 at 9:00 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her bike seat was missing from her bike located at the 726 Broadway bike racks. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

Criminal Mischief
On Sept.15 10:24 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU Resident Assistant that she found graffiti on a poster hanging in a hallway in Weinstein Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

Trespass
On Sept. 16 at 4:13 a.m. a Public Safety staff member reports that an NYU student-on-leave was in Meyer Hall without permission. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 21 at 3:10 p.m. Public Safety reported that an NYU student swiped a non-NYU affiliate into the Kimmel Center for University Life. A Public Safety Officer stopped them and confiscated the ID. The case was closed and the students were referred to Student Affairs.

Simple Assault
On Sept. 17 at 2:40 a.m. Public Safety received a report from two NYU students that an unidentified man struck one of them with a plastic bat repeatedly at Othmer Residence Hall. Medical attention was declined. A police report was filed and the report is open and under investigation.

Found Property
On Sept. 17 at 10:30 a.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that a school leased camera was missing from Lipton Residence Hall where he left it. A police report was filed and the case was closed as the camera was returned.

Harassment
On Sept. 17 at 10:10 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that she was verbally harassed and followed by an unidentified man on Broadway and 10th Street. Police notification was declined, and the case was closed and the student was referred to NYU’s Title IX Office.

On Sept. 19 at 12:28 p.m. Public Safety received a report from NYU students that an unidentified man followed them to Brittany Hall. The report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 19 at 7:30 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU affiliate that she was subject to harassment at 2 Washington Square Village. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 20 at 2:45 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that she was subject to harassment on MacDougal and W 4th Street Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 21 at 8:20 p.m. Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that she was followed by an unidentified man to 80 Lafayette St. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

Controlled Substance
On Sept. 18 at 7:30 p.m. Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance violation and recovered a small amount of marijuana from a resident in Alumni Residence Hall. The case was closed and the student was referred to the Office of Community Standards.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Sept. 25 print edition. Email Miranda Levingston at [email protected].