Crime Log: Jan. 20-27

Jemima McEvoy and Natasha Roy

The NYU Department of Public Safety received seven reports of larceny, one report of controlled substance, one report of forcible fondling, one report of sim- ple assault and three reports of criminal mischief between Jan. 20 and Jan. 27.

Larceny

On Jan. 20 at 3:50 p.m., a student reported that his wallet was missing from a clinic cubicle in the Dental Center. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 24 at 11:30 p.m., a student reported that two of his textbooks were missing from a study lounge in Carlyle Court Residence Hall. The report is under investigation.

On Jan. 25 at 12:44 p.m., a student in Tisch Hall reported that his headphones were missing from his desk after class. The case is still open and under investigation.

On Jan. 25 at 1:23 p.m., a student reported that his jacket was missing from a classroom in NYU Tandon’s Rogers Hall. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 25 at 1:45 p.m., a student at the Dental Center reported that her laptop was missing from a study lounge area. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 25 at 8:25 p.m., a student at the Dental Center reported that her belongings were missing from a locker room. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 26 at 6:25 p.m., a student at Carlyle Court reported that her overcoat was missing from her closet. Police notification was declined.

Controlled Substance

On Jan. 26 at 11:55 p.m., Public Safety responded to a report of a substance in Founders Residence Hall and recovered a small amount of marijuana.

Forcible Fondling

On Jan. 27 at 12:50 a.m. in Brittany Residence Hall, a student reported that they were forcibly fondled by another NYU student. This case is still under investigation.

Simple Assault

On Jan. 27 at 12:50 a.m., Public Safety reported that a Public Safety Officer was assaulted by a student at Brittany Residence Hall. A police report was filed.

Criminal Mischief

On Jan. 22 at 9:30 p.m., Public Safety reported graffiti painted on an entrance door of NYU Tandon’s Rogers Hall. The report is under investigation.

On Jan. 24 at 7:11 a.m., Public Safety reported graffiti painted on an emergency exit door at 19 University Pl. The report is under investigation.

On Jan. 25 at 6:32 a.m., Public Safety reported that an unknown male kicked a bucket into the front door of the NYU Senior House, which caused the door to crack. A police report was filed.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Jan. 30 print edition. Email the News Team at [email protected].