Crime Log: April 9-12

The NYU Department of Public Safety received two reports of larceny, one report of burglary, one report of forcible touching and one report of controlled substance between April 9 to 12.

Larceny

On April 9 at 7:50 p.m., a student reported his “Introduction to Java” textbook was missing from his desk on the fourth floor of Bobst Library after he left it there at 6:30 p.m. and returned at 7:30 p.m. Police notification was declined.

On April 11 at 9:30 p.m., a student declined notifying the police after $80 were missing from a box in her Weinstein room. She last saw it on April 9.

Burglary

On April 12 at 3:30 p.m., a staff member declined notifying the police after she realized her laptop charger was missing from a cabinet in her Krisner Dental Center office.  She left it there on Feb. 1.

Forcible Fondling

On April 11 at 1 p.m., a student declined an offer to notify the police after she reported being sexually assaulted by another student in her Brittany dorm.

Controlled Substance

On April 11 at 2:15 a.m., marijuana was found in Third Avenue North Residence Hall after Public Safety received a report of controlled substance.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, April 18 print edition. Email Greta Chevance and Diamond Naga Siu at [email protected]