If you’ve been eyeing Halloween snacks on Pinterest all month but now lack the energy to actually follow through, never fear. These creepy chips and guacamole are a snap to make but will add a homemade touch to your All Hallows’ Eve spread. Just pick up some seasonal cookie cutters — think ghosts, bats and pumpkins — and you can turn a package of plain tortillas into scary snacks perfect for Halloween.
- 1 package flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Spooky cookie cutters
- 3 medium ripe Hass avocados
- 1 medium lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- Spray the tortillas on both sides with cooking spray and cut into shapes using the cutters.
- Spread chips on a baking sheet in a single layer (you might need to use two pans). Season with salt and bake in a 350 degree oven until they are golden and crisp, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Cut the avocados in half, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Squeeze half of the lime on top, then add the salt and cumin.
- Mash using a fork or potato masher, being sure to leave some larger pieces for texture. Add the onion, garlic and 1 tablespoon of jalapeno and stir to combine. Taste the dip and add more lime juice or jalapeno to taste. Serve with chips.