Crime Log: Oct. 5 to 12

Justine Morris, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received three reports of controlled substance, six reports of larceny and one report of a forcible sexual offense between Oct. 5 and Oct. 12.

Controlled Substance

On Oct. 6 at 10 p.m. in 2nd Street Residence Hall, a small amount of marijuana was recovered after Public Safety responded to a report of a controlled substance.

On Oct. 9 at 6 p.m. in Brittany Hall, Public Safety responded to a report of a controlled substance and recovered a small amount of marijuana.

On Oct. 11 at 9:15 p.m. a small amount of marijuana was recovered in a 7th Street Residence Hall dorm room after Public Safety responded to a report of a controlled substance.

Larceny

On Oct. 6 at 11:15 p.m., an NYU employee said she locked her bike on the corner of West 3rd Street and Sullivan at 12:15 p.m. and when she returned, the lock was on the ground and the bike was missing. A police report was filed.

On Oct. 6 at 5:30 p.m. Public Safety received a report that a student left his backpack in the laundry room at Hayden Hall on Oct. 5, and found the backpack missing when he returned to get it. Police notification was declined.

On Oct. 6 at 5:30 p.m., a student reported that he left a pair of his jeans in the laundry room at Hayden Hall on Oct. 5 and noticed his jeans were missing when he returned. Police notification
was declined.

On Oct. 6 at 12 p.m., an NYU employee reported that a laptop he had left in a cabinet in his office in Bobst Library in September was missing when he checked in the cabinet on Oct. 6. NYPD was informed.

On Oct. 8, a student reported that he had locked his bicycle to a bike rack on Greene Street at 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 6 and found his bicycle and lock were gone when he returned on Oct. 8. Police notification was declined.

On Oct. 9 at 10:54 p.m., a student reported that at approximately 2 p.m. on Oct. 8, she secured her bike outside Shimkin Hall and when she returned at 4:30 p.m. the bicycle and lock were both missing. NYPD was not informed.

Forcible Sex Offense

On Oct. 6 at 12 p.m., a former student reported that in March or April of 2014, she was sexually assaulted by another former student in Lafayette Hall.  Police were contacted to file a report.

A version of this article appeared in the Tuesday, Oct. 13 print edition. Email Justine at [email protected].