The Weekend: Sept. 11-13

via Facebook.com

Kayaking on the Hudson allows you to see New York from a whole new perspective.

Brian Yu, Contributing Writer

With the second week of classes coming to a close, celebrations are in order for a mostly smooth transition into the new year. Grab your friends and go enjoy some exciting events that the city has to offer this weekend.

Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibit

Location: West Fourth Street to Waverly Place between MacDougal Street and University Place

For art lovers, the Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibit is an ideal spot to visit this weekend. The annual event draws hundreds of artists from around the world to create a rich environment of diverse culture in New York City. One can immerse one’s self into an incredible community of people into an incredible community of people by exploring the wonders the creative and fascinating world of art can offer. The exhibit is open to the public this weekend starting at noon on both Saturday and Sunday.

Lola Star’s Dreamland Roller Disco

Location: Lefrak at Prospect Park’s Lakeside

Strap on some rollerblades as Lola Star’s Dreamland Roller Disco hosts the hippest party of the night. Deemed as one of the best roller discos in the country, Lola Star’s Dreamland Roller Disco features a 16,000 square foot rink that overlooks Prospect Park Lake and a luscious green roof terrace. The party begins Friday at 8 p.m. and the $15 admission will cover rollerblade rentals and a night to remember. Whip out the best ‘80s glitz and glam — don’t forget to tease that hair.

Kayak on the Hudson

Location: Hudson River Park, Pier 26

The Hudson River will be open to those who wish to kayak Friday through Sunday. Bring a friend or even a date to the beautiful river and make your way across the Hudson. What’s better than trying to stay afloat on a tiny boat in the middle of a river? That’s some serious bonding.

Email Brian Yu at [email protected]