Crime Log: Feb. 2 to 3

Christine Park, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety has received reports of four incidents of larceny, one incident of controlled substance possession and one incident of physical assault in the
past week.

Larceny

On Feb. 2, at 11:30 a.m. Public Safety received reports that a faculty member was missing their cell phone after having left it unattended at 9:45 a.m. at 627 Broadway.

On Feb. 2, at 11:59 a.m. a student reported 20 euros missing from her wallet after leaving it unattended at 8:30 p.m. and returning at 11:50 a.m. the next day in her dormitory room in NYU Florence.

On Feb. 2, at 3:03 p.m. a faculty member filed a report to Public Safety that an unidentified person in a laboratory at the Silver Center stole two laptops, a backpack and a wallet between 12:15 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. The New York Police Department filed a report and the incident is still under investigation. 

On Feb. 3, at 2 p.m. a faculty member reported her purse missing from her desk after having left it at the Duke House on Dec. 24, 2014 and returning to it on Jan. 24.

All but the incident in NYU Florence are still under investigation.

Controlled Substance

On Feb. 2, at 3:20 a.m. student life staff said they confiscated a small amount of marijuana from a dormitory room of the Osadni Apartments at NYU Florence. The incident is closed.

Physical Assault

On Feb. 3, at 10:30 p.m. a student at Gramercy Green Residence Hall reported that her roommate hit her on the face at 10 p.m. The NYPD came to the scene but the victim did not file charges against her roommate. This incident is still under investigation.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Feb. 9 print edition. Email Christine Park at [email protected].