Nautica Fall/Winter 2014

Click on image for more looks from Nautica F/W 2014

Dimmed lights and rhythmic beats mystified the Salon at Lincoln Center prior to Nautica’s “Black Sail” runway show for their Fall 2014 Men’s Collection.

Nautica’s slogan word for the collection, tundra, was present from the beginning as the show began with smoke rising from the catwalk that, combined with the winter landscape images in the background, created a cold nature fell. Once the models started walking, the atmosphere prevailed as the catwalk was filled with blacks, greys and frozen winter hues. Several jackets were even covered with digital landscape prints, emphasizing the theme.

To liven the ensembles, the designer blended matte and shining fabrics and used metallic glasses to give the clothes a futuristic feel. The designer also matched the darker toned pieces with warmer reds, blues and yellows, keeping the runway fresh and diversified. The luxurious, shining fabrics coupled with jetsetter glasses and sophisticated dark hues created a lush St. Moritz atmosphere desirable to any young man.

It was an impressive show that gave the viewers a feel of being transferred to the frozen tundra, and never has it looked so desirable. Also spotted was celebrity couple Olivia Palermo and Johannes Huebl, and Twilight star Kellan Lutz was also present at the show.

Gabrielle Gretland is a contributing writer. Email her at [email protected].