Wednesday, Apr 23, 2014 11:24 am est

Son Jung Wan Fall/Winter 2013

Posted on February 9, 2013 | by Clara Yang

Click the photo for more looks from Son Jung Wan.

Kicking off the runway with nude pink cotton blazer and cream-colored pleated skirt, the Korean designer Son Jung Wan introduced her Fall/Winter 2013 collection to the anticipating audience.

Son redefined elegance for upcoming fall and winter season with neutral colors and soft, simple, minimal designs.  With colors white, caramel, and ivory, her designs created classy and feminine look in overall.

A sudden change of the music warned the audience of the introduction of “fun” colors.  Although Son stayed with darker shades such as violet, burgundy, maroon, and turquoise, these colors popped out to express more exciting side of her collection.

“This time I got inspired by paint of Kandisky; his compositions series expressed the flow of music with dynamic of color,” said Son Jung Wan backstage after the show.  “All trends sprout from the young generations, so I think the brand is more alive and sustainable if youths find it wearable and likable.”

Son mostly stayed with one solid color, but her few prints included leopard and snake prints.  Using fox fur, her leopard prints were classy and luxurious addition to her work. She didn’t forget to add details to the corners of her designs such as use of metallic, suede, and fur. One of her most popular designs from the audience was fox fur coat with sequined details.

To complete the sophisticated and graceful styling, all hairs were placed up to help create such polished, elegant look, with makeup and nails done as natural and nude as possible by Miyako Okamoto for Shiseido.

Clara Yang is a staff writer. Email her at bstyle@nyunews.com

Comments

CLOSE [x]
CLOSE [x]
CLOSE [x]
profile portrait
Felipe De La Hoz

Multimedia Editor | Felipe De La Hoz is a Colombian national studying journalism at the College of Arts and Sciences. Having been born in Colombia and raised in the United States, Mexico and Brazil, Felipe is a trilingual travel aficionado and enjoys working in varied and difficult environments. Apart from his photography, Felipe enjoys investigative reporting and interviews, interviewing the likes of Colombian ex-M-19 guerrilla fighters and controversial politician Jimmy McMillan. He has covered everything from governmental conferences to full-blown riots, as well as portraiture shoots and dining photography. Having worked under Brazilian photojournalists for Reuters and AFP, Felipe hopes to one day work on demanding journalistic projects and contribute to the global news cycle.

AS
Ann Schmidt

News Editor | Ann is a liberal studies sophomore who lived in Florence during her freshman year. She plans on double-majoring in journalism and political science and is always busy. She is constantly making lists and she loves to laugh.

DY
Daniel Yeom

Daniel started at the Features desk of WSN last Spring, writing restaurant reviews whilst indulging on free food and consequently getting fat. Last Fall, he was the dining editor, and he this semester he is senior editor. Daniel is in Gallatin (living the dream) studying Food & Travel Narratives, incorporating aspects of Food Studies, Journalism, and Media, Culture, and Communication. He loves food more than life itself.

Hannah Luu

Deputy Multimedia Editor | Hannah Luu is a ridiculously great Deputy Multimedia Editor. She is a sophomore from Northern California. If you think Northern California means San Francisco you might need to closely examine a map. She is passionate about NPR and being half Asian.

CLOSE [x]
  • How to join:

The Washington Square News holds open weekly budget meetings at its office located at 838 Broadway every Sunday. All are welcome to attend, no matter your background in journalism, writing, or reporting. Specific times for meetings by desk are listed below. If you wish to talk to an editor before you attend, feel free to check out the Staff page.

NEWS FEATURES MULTIMEDIA SPORTS ARTS OPINION
    5 P.M. 6 P.M. 6 P.M. 6:30 P.M. 6:30 P.M. 7 P.M.

Applying for an editor position: Applications for editor positions during the fall or spring semesters are available twice each academic year and can be found here when posted. Applications for the Fall 2012 semester are closed, but check back for Spring 2013. Those who wish to apply are urged to publish pieces in the newspaper and contact current editors for shadowing.

History of the Washington Square News:

The Washington Square News is the official daily student newspaper of New York University and serves the NYU, Greenwich Village, and East Village communities. Founded as an independent newspaper in 1973, the WSN allows its undergraduate writers and photographers to cover campus and city news and continues to grow its strong body of award-winning journalists and photographers.

• The WSN has a circulation of about 60,000 and can be found in over a hundred purple bins distributed throughout campus. It is published Monday through Thursday during the fall and spring semesters and online on Friday, with additional special issues published in the summer. The newspaper recently revamped its website during the Fall 2012 semester.

Like few campus newspapers in the country, the paper is editorially and financially independent from the university and is solely responsible for selling advertisements to fund its production. The WSN, including its senior staff, is run solely by current undergraduate students and the business-division is largely student-operated as well.

A Board of Directors comprised of alumni, NYU professors and working news media professionals serves as advisors to the paper. Board members have no control in the WSN's editorial policy or newsroom operations. Alumni of the newspaper are established and leading journalists in such news organizations as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, NBC news, ABC news, Fox News, and USA Today.

Next