School’s back in style: NYU’s fashion stereotypes

Under the Arch

School’s Back in Style

Are the fashion stereotypes across NYU schools accurate?

Cassie Lustig (left) and Moriah Reibman (right) are laughing as they stand outside of a Tisch building. Cassie is wearing a black tank top, black denim pants with white stitching, a blue backpack and a chain belt. Moriah is wearing a graphic gray hoodie, orange baggy cargo pants and a red bag.
Sofia Battista walks out of a Tandon building wearing a white shirt and olive cargo pants.
Janelle Hernandez (left) and Niya Leigh (right) smile at one another as they walk out of a Tisch building. Janelle is wearing a white graphic t-shirt, a black windbreaker and muted yellow corduroy pants. Niya is wearing a vertically striped gray dress shirt, black cropped cable-knit sweater and black denim pants with white stitching.
Jexi Lo walks into a Tandon building wearing a white blouse, brown plaid dress shirt, blue jeans and a purple bag.
Ahmad Goode (left), Michela Richards (middle) and Blake Chrusciel (right) have a conversation while leaning on scaffolding in front of Tisch. Ahmad is wearing a dark magenta sweater and baggy blue jeans. Michela is wearing an olive turtleneck sweater and linen pants with vertical pastel stripes. Blake is wearing a gray tank top, red plaid dress shirt and black shorts.
Vanessa Tershana is walking in front of an N.Y.U. building wearing a sleeveless spider-print shirt, a black and purple sweater, spider-print fishnets, black heels and an olive tote bag.
Rowan Trowbridge-Wheeler stands in front of a Tisch building looking away from the camera. Trowbridge-Wheeler is wearing a white mesh t-shirt with brown overalls.
Lilly Hsin-Hai walks outside of a Tandon building wearing assorted necklaces, a red lace bra, a white crochet top, blue jeans and a green and red bag.
Matthew Toups walks outside of a Tandon building wearing a black graphic t-shirt, brown dress shirt, baggy blue jeans and a green backpack.
Caroline Cottam (left) and Natalie Russell (right) sit at a table in Silver while Cottam uses the computer and Russell reads a book. Cottam is wearing a green top with a white pattern and blue jeans. Russell is wearing a purple sweatshirt with gray sweatpants.
Kate Joseph (left) and Jacey Sullivan (right) speak as they walk outside of a Meyers building. Joseph is wearing a white athletic zip-up shirt, blue tank top and blue athletic shorts. Sullivan is wearing blue scrubs.
Kevin Chen stands in front of a Stern building wearing a white polo shirt, a black belt and khaki pants.
Miu Sato walks outside of a Steinhardt building wearing a patterned white tank top, white cardigan and white printed jeans.
Virgile-Minh Perrier works on a computer while sitting in a Silver building. Perrier is wearing a blue tie-dye sweatshirt and multi-pattern patchwork pants.
Danielle Mark (left), Shannon Partovi (middle) and Daniella Babayev (right) are conversing as they walk outside of a Meyers building. They are all wearing pink scrubs.
Isabella Yang walks out of a Stern building wearing green trousers, a green tank top, a green jacket and silver jewelry.
Miu Sato (left) and Harley Sheppard (right) speak with one another as they walk out of a Steinhardt building. Sato is wearing a patterned white tank top, white cardigan and white printed jeans. Sheppard is wearing a white graphic T-shirt and gray sweatpants.
Andrea Puerto looks away from the camera while walking past a Steinhardt building. Puerto is wearing a white graphic T-shirt and khaki cargo pants.
Brittney Singletary works on a computer while sitting in a Silver building. Singletary wears a black shirt, gray heathered cardigan, blue jeans and black heels.
Michael Bultman (left), Stephanie Kinalis (middle) and Danielle Kraes (right) are conversing as they walk outside of a Meyers building. Bultman is wearing a white T-shirt, black athletic shorts, a black backpack and black headphones. Kinalis is wearing a black plaid flannel shirt and white pants. Kraes is wearing a black athletic zip-up, black tank top and black leggings.
Ashley (left) and Alexis (right) McKay speak with each other while standing in front of the Black Box Theater. Ashley is wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans. Alexis is wearing a black T-shirt and black jeans.
Jessica Alvarez walks in the lobby of a Meyers building wearing purple scrubs and a multicolored backpack.
Cate Cursio walks in the lobby of a Meyers building wearing purple scrubs.
Jayson Williams stands outside of a Stern building wearing black shorts, a gray t-shirt that says N.Y.U Stern, and a black baseball cap worn backwards.
Sydney Perugachi and Kevin Hernandez stand outside of a College of Arts and Science building holding hands. Perugachi is wearing brown pants and a tan sweater. Hernandez is wearing khaki pants and a brown hoodie.
Ava Marshall is standing inside Gallatin wearing a green top, black denim shorts and knee-high platform boots. Marshall has neon pink box braids.
Isabella Perrigo sits at a table outside of a Stern building while talking to a friend. Perrigo is wearing a white button-up shirt, a blue cardigan draped over her shoulders and blue jeans.
Aeja Seck stands outside of a College of Arts and Science building wearing jeans, a white shirt, a blue unbuttoned shirt and a head covering.
Nayeli Rodriguez is walking down the street wearing a khaki mini skirt, graphic cropped tee, white hoodie and red hightops and carrying a yellow water bottle.
Berlin Smallwood stands outside of a Stern building wearing a black suit and white turtleneck.
Mian Hua Zheng sits inside of a College of Arts and Science building looking at a phone and wearing jeans and a patterned shirt.
Hannah Wheless is walking down the street wearing blue denim pants and a zip-up denim vest over a black long-sleeve shirt.
Jake Upham stands outside of Stern wearing a blue suit and a white dress shirt.
Hairiya Maiyaki is standing outside the College of Arts and Science wearing a floral maxi dress over a lilac long-sleeve shirt. Maiyaki wears a bright pink satin head covering.
Armaan Ahmed, wearing a floral long-sleeve jumpsuit, stands inside Gallatin next to a skateboard.

Photography by Emily Sorkin, Manasa Gudavalli, Anna Lin, Irum Han, Kevin Wu, Belle Huang and Amory Gao.

Instagram   ·   Twitter   ·   Facebook

Subscribe to WSN

Developed for web by Megan Kim.