Chelsea Li

Chelsea Li, Deputy Under the Arch Multimedia Editor

Chelsea is a junior in MCC and minoring in CS and BEMT. Though she's happy to be back home in California this semester, she misses the city dearly. When she is not in class you can find her constantly searching for a new series to watch even though she knows she'll eventually come back to Grey's Anatomy, dancing in her backyard, or making spring rolls. Find her on Instagram @chelseaa_li.

All content by Chelsea Li
Heung-min Son is South Korea’s pride in the game of soccer, being the star forward of Tottenham Hotspurs. With the skills and traits of a top player, he challenges the Asian stereotype in the sport and so inspired numerous aspiring young talents. (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Why Heung-min Son Is My Favorite Player

September 28, 2020

Heung-min Son is South Korea’s pride in the game of soccer, being the star forward of Tottenham Hotspurs. With the skills and traits of a top player, he challenges the Asian...

Travis Scotts McDonalds latest collaboration is set to be released on Oct. 4. The menu item consists of the singers favorite order: a quarter pounder with onions, pickles, bacon, lettuce, melted cheese, mustard and ketchup. (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Travis Scott’s McDonald’s Collaboration Caters to His Fans

September 21, 2020

Travis Scott's McDonald's latest collaboration is set to be released on Oct. 4. The menu item consists of the singer's favorite order: a quarter pounder with onions, pickles, bacon,...

Mulan, recently released on Disney+, is the companys newest live-action remake in 2020. Attracting worldwide controversy with the crews political stance as well as poor ratings, the movie remains a disappointing watch. (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: ‘Mulan’ Fails To Break Barriers Amidst Clouds of Controversy

September 21, 2020

"Mulan," recently released on Disney+, is the company's newest live-action remake in 2020. Attracting worldwide controversy with the crew's political stance as well as poor ratings,...

(Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Men’s basketball looks to build on winning season

October 28, 2022

(Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Zeros is Declan McKennas second studio album. Burst with youthfulness, the release grounds itself in stellar guitar solos accompanied by reflections on depression and growing up. (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: ‘Zeros’ Soars from Optimism to Bitter Observation

September 11, 2020

"Zeros" is Declan McKenna's second studio album. Burst with youthfulness, the release grounds itself in stellar guitar solos accompanied by reflections on depression and growing...

“Jimmy Carter: Rock & Roll President,” a new documentary from director Mary Wharton, explores Carter’s friendships with some of the great musicians of the 1970s. The movie begins against the backdrop of Vietnam and Watergate, twin disasters that contributed to the largest drop in the public’s trust in government in the history of polling. (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Rock and Roll With President Carter in Mary Wharton’s Feature Debut

September 9, 2020

“Jimmy Carter: Rock & Roll President,” a new documentary from director Mary Wharton, explores Carter’s friendships with some of the great musicians of the 1970s. The movie...

MTV’s Video Music Awards ran on August 30th without an audience. Though a year of many firsts, the 37th VMAs viewership continues to drop despite an increased effort in attempting to make the show interesting and engaging. (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: The 2020 VMAs Prove The Traditional Awards Show Model Is Dead

September 8, 2020

MTV’s Video Music Awards ran on August 30th without an audience. Though a year of many firsts, the 37th VMAs viewership continues to drop despite an increased effort in attempting...

NYU seniors face their graduating year in the midst of a pandemic. Every senior has a different outlook on what they envision the fall 2020 semester to look like.  (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Senior Year: The Pandemic Edition

September 8, 2020

NYU seniors face their graduating year in the midst of a pandemic. Every senior has a different outlook on what they envision the fall 2020 semester to look like. (Staff Illustration...

NBA players strike to hold their organization and owners accountable for not taking a stand for social justice. The NBA’s lack of real action shows their progressive image is an empty promise. (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: The Reactive and Equivocal Politics of the NBA

August 31, 2020

NBA players strike to hold their organization and owners accountable for not taking a stand for social justice. The NBA’s lack of real action shows their progressive image is...

Travis Scott’s concert, “Astronomical” was held over three days on Fortnite, a popular gaming platform. Since the social distancing order, artists have shown their creativity by holding live events in unique online spaces. (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Travis Scott’s ‘Astronomical’ Fortnite Concert Has Redefined Genuine Interactivity

Holly Grace Jamili, Contributing Writer May 4, 2020

Travis Scott’s concert, “Astronomical” was held over three days on Fortnite, a popular gaming platform. Since the social distancing order, artists have shown their creativity...

Washington Square Park’s iconic fountain is often turned on when the weather begins to warm. Though the park provides a laid-back place to hang out on sunny days in the city, students reflect on enjoying spring in their respective hometowns.
(Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Getting in Touch With the Great Outdoors

May 4, 2020

Washington Square Park’s iconic fountain is often turned on when the weather begins to warm. Though the park provides a laid-back place to hang out on sunny days in the city,...

The New York Liberty is a professional women’s basketball team that competes in the Eastern Conference in the WNBA. The team recently drafted Sabrina Ionescu, considered the best collegiate prospect in the draft. (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Unlike the New York Knicks, the New York Liberty Are Doing Things Right

Arvind Sriram, Sports Editor April 20, 2020

The New York Liberty is a professional women’s basketball team that competes in the Eastern Conference in the WNBA. The team recently drafted Sabrina Ionescu, considered the...

From left to right, Dr. Melody Goodman, Dr. Emanuel Peprah, and Congresswoman Alma Adams spoke during a webinar hosted by NYU School of Global Public Health. The panel addressed how minority groups, especially the African American community, were especially affected by the current health crisis. (Via NYU, Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Panelists Say COVID-19 Has Disproportionate Effects on African American Communities

April 20, 2020

From left to right, Dr. Melody Goodman, Dr. Emanuel Peprah, and Congresswoman Alma Adams spoke during a webinar hosted by NYU School of Global Public Health. The panel addressed...

NYU’s School of Global Public Health aims to expand across several buildings by 2021. The school has drawn up initial blueprints but have not been able to make progress since the COVID-19 health crisis.
(Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: NYU School of Global Public Health Plans to Expand in 2021

Aarushi Sharma, Staff Writer April 17, 2020

NYU’s School of Global Public Health aims to expand across several buildings by 2021. The school has drawn up initial blueprints but have not been able to make progress since...

Last week the Guggenheim Foundation announced the Guggenheim Fellows for 2020. From left to right, NYU Professors Melissa Schwartzberg, Jenny McPhee, and Kim Phillips-Fein received fellowship awards. (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Three NYU Professors Awarded Guggenheim Fellowships

April 14, 2020

Last week the Guggenheim Foundation announced the Guggenheim Fellows for 2020. From left to right, NYU Professors Melissa Schwartzberg, Jenny McPhee, and Kim Phillips-Fein received...

Since the COVID-19 pandemic, many student-led organizing groups such as the NYU Covid Coalition and Students Demanding Care have advocated for the university to equitably support the community. Various petitions and letters have garnered enthusiastic response from students, but not so much from administration. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Student-Led Coalition Lobbies for Greater University Support Amid COVID-19

April 13, 2020

Since the COVID-19 pandemic, many student-led organizing groups such as the NYU Covid Coalition and Students Demanding Care have advocated for the university to equitably support...

Students recently received an email stating that both summer sessions will continue online. Among other announcements, the email also noted that all out-of-pocket medical expenses related to COVID-19 will be waived for those with the Student Health Insurance Plan. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: NYU Gives Update on Residence Halls, Insurance and More

April 13, 2020

Students recently received an email stating that both summer sessions will continue online. Among other announcements, the email also noted that all out-of-pocket medical expenses...

Zoe Ragouzeos and Carlo Ciotoli speak about health and wellness during an online forum. Earlier this month, NYU Student Government hosted a discussion about COVID-19 for the NYU community. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: SGA Hosts Zoom Forum on COVID-19 Response

April 13, 2020

Zoe Ragouzeos and Carlo Ciotoli speak about health and wellness during an online forum. Earlier this month, NYU Student Government hosted a discussion about COVID-19 for the NYU...

Tandons official form for changing majors requires students to fill out a reason. Hear from several students who realized they needed to change course. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Change Your Major, Change Your Life

April 3, 2020

Tandon's official form for changing majors requires students to fill out a reason. Hear from several students who realized they needed to change course. (Staff Photo by Chelsea...

NYU recently released regular admission decisions for the incoming Class of 2024. NYU’s acceptance rate among other statistics have changed once again this year. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: NYU Acceptance Rate Drops to 15% for the Class of 2024

April 1, 2020

NYU recently released regular admission decisions for the incoming Class of 2024. NYU’s acceptance rate among other statistics have changed once again this year. (Staff Photo...

One student had to finish all the food in her refrigerator before leaving New York. While some had to abandon their de-stressing trips, others spent time dealing with stocked up groceries. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: How Students Are Spending Their Spring Break In Quarantine

March 23, 2020

One student had to finish all the food in her refrigerator before leaving New York. While some had to abandon their de-stressing trips, others spent time dealing with stocked up...

A sprawling view of the Manhattan skyline can be seen from the Long Island City waterfront. This scenic corner of Queens is a popular spot for students who want to escape the city for a while over spring break. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Spring Break Staycation Guide

March 9, 2020

A sprawling view of the Manhattan skyline can be seen from the Long Island City waterfront. This scenic corner of Queens is a popular spot for students who want to escape the city...

Princess Nokia’s newest albums feature contrasting themes, as seen in the colors of her album covers. In her songs from both albums, Nokia draws from childhood experiences and personal reflections to deliver a unique representation of her character. (Staff Illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Princess Nokia’s Twin Album Releases Are Sweet and Fierce

Destine Manson, Staff Writer March 6, 2020

Princess Nokia’s newest albums feature contrasting themes, as seen in the colors of her album covers. In her songs from both albums, Nokia draws from childhood experiences and...

The much anticipated new BTS album “Map of the Soul: 7” has four different versions for fans to purchase. The album marks the group’s seven year anniversary, and maintains their consistent message of facing expectations while staying true to yourself. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

BTS Keeps Going “On” With Dynamic New Album

South Korean K-pop sensation BTS is back with “Map of the Soul: 7,” an ingenious celebration of the group’s seventh year.
Chelsea Li, Deputy Multimedia Editor March 3, 2020

Since the popular South Korean boy group BTS began teasing for a late February comeback a little over a month ago, their newest album, “Map of the Soul: 7” has been on fans’...

The Palladium Athletic Facility also offers a wide array of gym equipment for fitness enthusiasts. Though the sport can be time-consuming, bodybuilders have found NYU facilities useful for weightlifting. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Student Bodybuilder Discusses His Fit Lifestyle

Ruhaan Mutsuddi, Staff Writer February 24, 2020

The Palladium Athletic Facility also offers a wide array of gym equipment for fitness enthusiasts. Though the sport can be time-consuming, bodybuilders have found NYU facilities...

Mascaras come in all sizes and forms. Here are some of the culture desk’s favorite mascara picks. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Lashes For Days: The Culture Desk’s Go-To Mascaras

February 21, 2020

Anna Choromanska, Daniele Panozzo and Christine Constantinople received the Alfred P. Sloan award this year. (Staff illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Three Professors Granted Prestigious Sloan Awards

February 18, 2020

CAS senior Grant Williams is the co-captain of NYUs fencing team. He hopes to qualify for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. (Staff photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: CAS Fencer Grant Williams Aims to Compete in 2020 Olympics

Kevin Ryu, Contributing Writer February 18, 2020

CAS senior Grant Williams is the co-captain of NYU's fencing team. He hopes to qualify for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. (Staff photo by Chelsea Li)

Marinated kelp and Japanese sweet potatoes are combined with Momofuku’s Tingly spice, roasted chicken and tomatoes to create David Changs Kelp Yourself bowl.  Served on a base of shredded kale, Sweetgreen reached out to Momofukos creator to add a Japanese flavor to their menu. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: 'Kelp Yourself' to Sweetgreen’s Latest Collaboration With Momofuku

February 14, 2020

Marinated kelp and Japanese sweet potatoes are combined with Momofuku’s Tingly spice, roasted chicken and tomatoes to create David Chang's "Kelp Yourself" bowl. Served on a...

Spot Dessert’s matcha lava cake is made of a chocolate sponge filled with warm matcha ganache. This popular dessert shop is just one of six must-try places for the next time you’re looking for a laid-back night out. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Six Places for a Low-Key Night Out

Mehhma Malhi, Contributing Writer February 10, 2020

Spot Dessert’s matcha lava cake is made of a chocolate sponge filled with warm matcha ganache. This popular dessert shop is just one of six must-try places for the next time...

2018 Stern graduate Bill Tsai who pleaded guilty to insider trading last year, was charged last week. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li, Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Stern Alumnus Sentenced for Insider Trading — With Minimal Consequences

February 3, 2020

Sex Education is back for a second season, and continues to address traditionally taboo issues of sexuality. (Staff photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: ‘Sex Education’ Season Two Explores the Serious Side of Sexuality

January 31, 2020

Ashley Wu, Deputy Arts Editor January 31, 2020

Sex Education is back for a second season, and aims to address traditionally taboo issues of sexuality. (Staff photo by Chelsea Li)

Despite a restful winter break, there were definitely some things the culture desk missed about the city. (Staff photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Culture Desk Faves: What We Missed About the City

Palladium Hall is a popular choice for on-campus housing among upperclassmen. (Staff photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Student-Led Task Force Calls for Black Housing on Campus

July 20, 2020

CAS sophomore Eni Owoeye works at the front desk in NYU’s Office of Sustainability. (Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Eni Owoeye Makes Environmental Education Approachable

Anna-Dmitry Muratova, Senior Reporter December 5, 2019

Starting Oct. 3, only buses, trucks and emergency vehicles can drive on 14th street between Third and Ninth Avenues from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. (Staff photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: New 14th Street Traffic Laws Concern Some NYU Students

Julia Baxley, Staff Writer November 27, 2019

Steinhardt sophomore Lena Yeo runs her own fitness and lifestyle focused YouTube channel. (Photo by Lena Yeo)

Sophomore Lifestyle YouTuber Lifts Spirits (and Weights)

Steinhardt sophomore Lena Yeo creates a community for her 17,000 YouTube subscribers.
Chelsea Li, Deputy Video Editor November 17, 2019

When Steinhardt sophomore Lena Yeo first picked up her iPhone and started filming in her dorm room at the end of her first year at NYU, she had no expectation that her YouTube...

Cava is a Mediterranean salad-bar style restaurant. (Staff photo by Chelsea Li)

Fast-Casual Salad Bars Near Campus, Ranked

Looking to eat more veggies? We rated all the salad places near campus on value, variety, customer service and taste.

For the longest time, I couldn’t fathom why anyone would voluntarily pay the price of a comforting hot meal for a bowl of raw vegetables. However, I was determined to give salads...

Japanese supermarket Sunrise Mart boasts a variety of soy sauces that are not found in typical American supermarkets.
(Staff photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Traveling for a Taste of Home: Students Say Authentic Groceries Often Require a Commute

Sabrina Choudhary, Staff Writer November 5, 2019

Japanese supermarket Sunrise Mart boasts a variety of soy sauces that are not found in typical American supermarkets. (Staff photo by Chelsea Li)

NYU Saferide cars outside Palladium Hall. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Safe Ride Drives Students Away With Two-Hour Waits, Failures to Arrive

Lisa Cochran, Deputy News Editor November 4, 2019

Rudy Guiliani is a revered NYU alumni. (Staff illustration by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Off-Third: Happy Alumni Weekend from Rudy Giuliani

Noah Friend, Staff Writer October 30, 2019

Fish are an easy-to-maintain pet for several NYU students. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: For Dorm Fish Parents, Emotional Connections Are Worth the Time Investment

October 15, 2019

Creamline is a stand in Chelsea Market that serves American classic burgers, fries and shakes made with local ingredients. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Seven Must-Try Food Vendors in Chelsea Market

Mehhma Malhi, Contributing Writer October 10, 2019

LOS TACOS No. 1 is a no-seating street style spot in Chelsea Market for tacos and other Mexican bites. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Tejaswini Niranjana, a cultural theorist and author, speaks on the #MeToo movement in relation to the Hong Kong protests. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Activists Talk Whitewashing of #MeToo Movement, How It Progressed Internationally

Jana Warshawsky, Contributing Writer October 3, 2019

Sophomore Adriana Moreno is the chair of the Student Sustainability Committee. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Administrators and Students to Work Together Toward Sustainability

Miliana Bocher and Victor Porcelli September 30, 2019

Award-winning author and NYU professor Zadie Smith will publish her new book, Grand Union, on October 3, 2019. (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Zadie Smith’s Talents on Full Display in ‘Grand Union’

Julie Goldberg, Books & Theater Editor September 23, 2019

Stern Senior Coltrane Tait is a member of the NYU baseball team and co-founder of “The Washington Square Sleep Company.” (Staff Photo by Chelsea Li)

Photo: Don’t Sleep on Coltrane Tait

September 23, 2019