Bikini Bottoms for All

Celina Khorma, Staff Writer

Spring has barely just sprung, but let’s be honest — we’re already dreaming of summer. Kick off bikini season with swimsuit styles that are perfect for the warm weather coming our way.

High-Cut Bikini

Where to get it: Triangl

High-cut bikini bottoms were popularized decades ago, but fashion history has repeated itself again. The style comes up just above your hip bones and looks awesome in any shade, from neutrals to bold colors. Not to mention, the cut is versatile, working in both two-piece and one-piece swimsuits. It has  a flattering cut that can instantly elevate your look. This retro-styled swimsuit gained its modern momentum thanks to supermodels and social media influencers who frequently sport them on Instagram. Luckily, you can get your hands on one from Triangl in a variety of patterns and fabrics from stripes to velvet.

Fruit Prints

Where to get it: For Love and Lemons

Snacking on fresh fruit by the pool is our favorite warm weather pastime, and this summer, we’re taking the saying “you are what you eat” to our swimwear. Fruit prints frequently appear on clothing, particularly blouses, and the trend simultaneously now extends its reach to swimsuits. For Love and Lemons has taken its love of lemons quite literally with its citrus-printed suits that come in various styles. With either the traditional bikini, bandeau top or the off-the-shoulder one-piece, you’ll look just as fresh as the fruit print you’ll be sporting. Layer the outfit with high-waisted denim shorts and classic white sneakers.

Floral Prints

Where to get it: Zimmerman or Forever21

Spring may be blossom season, but summer is when we truly express the timeless floral trend. Zimmerman incorporates florals in most of its designs — from tops to dresses — its swimsuits follow suit and adopt floral prints on their silhouettes. At around $265 per bikini set, these high-quality suits are on the expensive side, but well worth the investment. If you’re on a budget, you’re not out of luck. Forever 21 sells floral swimsuits at around $30, making the trend affordable and equally as stylish, especially with a pale-hued, beachy kimono thrown atop.

High-Waisted

Where to get it: Tory Burch

Long gone are the days when high-waisted bottoms only applied to jeans. They’ve ventured their way into the swimwear arena, and we couldn’t be happier about it. This trend may seem simple, but perhaps that’s the beauty of it — it’s an understated bikini style that effortlessly makes an outfit way more mod and trendy. It’s also a versatile garment because it can take on any color, pairs well with just about every bikini top and is easy to accessorize — finish off the look with a flowy hat and cat-eye sunglasses. Get trendy in the tropics with Tory Burch’s wide selection of high-waisted swimsuits, which come in different prints and colors.

Finals are coming up, but we’ll be busy counting down the days until we can trade in our coats for any one of these swimsuits.

Email Celina Khorma at [email protected].