Shots Fired Near Tandon, No Injuries Reported

One suspect is in custody and another is at large.

Shots were fired today near 6 MetroTech at Tandon. (Photo by Alana Beyer)

Shots were fired near 6 MetroTech, which is on the campus of Tandon School of Engineering — no injuries have been reported, according to NYU Public Safety.

Senior Vice President for Campus Services and Safety Marlon Lynch sent out an email to all students notifying them of the situation. According to Lynch, two male suspects have been apprehended after a police chase this afternoon.

“The University is aware of the report of shots being fired in the vicinity of 6 Metrotech, and we are following developments,” NYU spokesperson John Beckman said in a statement to WSN. “We do not believe there is an ongoing threat to members of the NYU Tandon community.”

NYPD is actively investigating and public safety will continue to monitor the situation. 

Tandon sophomore Saimanasa Juluru was in the area when public safety released the alert. They said there was a heavy police presence between 5 and 6 MetroTech and caution tape had been put up in the vicinity of the two buildings.

Authorities were searching the area, but students and other bystanders nearby seemed unfazed, according to Juluru.

If you have information regarding the incident, please contact NYPD at (800) 577-TIPS or NYU Public Safety at (212) 998-2222.

Email Victor Porcelli at [email protected]