Photo of Luca Richman

Luca Richman, Editor-at-Large

Luca Richman is a junior majoring in Media, Culture, and Communication and minoring in French Studies. Originally from Ridgewood, New Jersey, he is passionate about brand and identity as a means of informing, engaging, and entertaining. He is studying abroad at NYU's Florence campus this semester. He is also a proud Oxford comma advocate, proven by his membership in the Oxford Comma Appreciation Society (Est. 1912). You can find him on instagram @luca_richman or email him at [email protected].

All content by Luca Richman
An illustration of a map of the world with six purple N.Y.U. logo pins placed in each inhabited continent.

Staff Rants: Our time abroad

Members of WSN’s staff who have studied away during their time at NYU reflect on their experiences and discuss what they’d do differently.

When I studied in Paris last semester,  I traveled quite a bit — sometimes impulsively — and my classes started to feel trivial. Does my homework really matter when I could...

A group of concert attendees holding their phones up high in the foreground, and a performer clouded by orange mist in the background.

Photo: V100 return headlined by Baby Keem

May 4, 2022

The V100 concert is one of the most anticipated events of NYU’s Spirit Week. This year, it was headlined by Baby Keem. (Staff Photo by Luca Richman)

Bobst Library. (Staff Photo by Luca Richman)

Photo: Ranked: Quintessential NYU experiences

Joey Hung and Sabrina Choudhary May 2, 2022

(Staff Illustration by Luca Richman)

Photo: Off-Third: Stop gerrymandering, Insomnia Cookies

Sabrina Choudhary, Deputy Managing Editor Apr 5, 2022

(Staff Illustration by Luca Richman)

Misha Tyutyunik painting a colorful mural on a beige brick wall. He is wearing a black jacket, hoodie and beanie. He holds a paintbrush in his right hand and a cup of black paint in his left.

Photo: Ukrainian artist Misha Tyutyunik unveils a new mural in the Ukrainian Village

Mar 28, 2022

Ukrainian muralist Misha Tyutyunik collaborated with Citizens Bank and the Ukrainian National Women's League of America to create an interactive installation in the heart of Manhattan’s...

The aluminum guardrails at Bobst Library were constructed as a permanent installation in 2012. (Staff Photo by Luca Richman)

Photo: Bobst Library’s enduring history of suicide

Alyssa Goldberg, Features Staff Mar 7, 2022

All NYU athletic facilities will remain closed until further notice. (Staff Photo by Luca Richman)

Photo: A guide to NYU’s spring 2022 reopening policies

Abby Wilson, Deputy News Editor Jan 24, 2022

Oliver Kleban is a senior on the men’s soccer team. NYU’s student-athletes returned to practice and competitions after experiencing NYU and NCAA COVID-19 restrictions during the 2020-21 school year. (Image courtesy of NYU Athletics)

NYU soccer 2021 recap: rekindling the love of the game

The NYU soccer program’s emotionally charged return to the pitch is shown through the resiliency of the women’s season and the dramatic nature of the men’s season.
Luca Richman, Contributing Writer Dec 10, 2021

With COVID-19 and the accompanying often-suffocating NYU and NCAA restrictions beginning to recede, NYU’s student athletes returned to practice and competition in full force...

Tony Rocha is a midfielder with the New York City Football Club and Sean Davis is a midfielder with the New York Red Bulls. While seemingly different, there are many common parallels between the rivaling teams. (Images via Wikimedia Commons,  Staff Illustration by Ryan Kawahara)

New York’s soccer scene: a clash of corporate ownership

Delving into the dynamics that form the heated rivalry between New York City FC and New York Red Bulls.
Luca Richman, Contributing Writer Oct 6, 2021

Just over eight years since the rivalry between the New York Red Bulls and New York City FC began, it’s becoming more and more clear that one side of New York is winning on the...