Sirui Wu

Sirui Wu, Deputy Photo Editor

Hugely Asian. Unexplainably into horror movies. Crazy traveler. Great food is a basic survival need. Accents are cute. Find me on insta @siriusui or @siripicpic (photography).

All content by Sirui Wu
A middle-aged man with gray hair faces away from the camera. He is wearing a black New York Taxi Workers Alliance shirt.

Photo: Taxi workers begin to receive hard-won debt relief

Sep 20, 2022

Members of the New York Taxi Workers Alliance at a protest for debt relief on Oct. 20, 2021. (Sirui Wu for WSN)

A group of protesters march through Chinatown. In the middle of the frame, one protester holds a cardboard sign with the words “Stop Asian Hate Crime” painted in thick black letters.

Photo: Opinion: Student gov't statement supporting minority students falls flat, again

Apr 4, 2022

A group of protesters march through Chinatown during a protest against hate crimes against Asian people in New York City. (Photo by Sirui Wu)

As anti-Asian crimes continue to threaten the well-being of NYU community members, the university should handle reports more swiftly and seriously. (Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: Editor’s Note: Spring break reads

Alex Tey, Editor-in-Chief Mar 12, 2022

60 Fifth Ave. is located next to The New School. (Staff Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: Ranked: Student lounges

Lorraine Olaya and Ryan Kawahara Nov 15, 2021

COVID-19 guidelines are taped on the Campus Safety desk at Third North, one of NYUs residence halls. Jp Iregbulem writes that NYU should continue improvements made to public health and accessibility even after the pandemic. (Staff Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: Opinion: Make some COVID policies permanent

Nov 10, 2021

COVID-19 guidelines are taped on the Campus Safety desk at Third North, one of NYU's residence halls. Jp Iregbulem writes that NYU should continue improvements made to public health...

A person wore a New York Taxi Workers Alliance T-shirt at the hunger strike on Oct. 20. The two-week hunger strike ended on Nov. 3 with a successful negotiation of a debt relief agreement. (Staff Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: NYC taxi workers strike deal, end hunger strike

Nov 8, 2021

A person wore a New York Taxi Workers Alliance T-shirt at the hunger strike on Oct. 20. The two-week hunger strike ended on Nov. 3 with a successful negotiation of a debt relief...

Members of the New York Taxi Workers Alliance are on strike, protesting exploitative licensing regulations and calling for debt relief. The union began an indefinite hunger strike on Oct. 20 outside of City Hall. (Staff Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: ‘Loss is not an option’: New York’s taxi drivers begin hunger strike

Abby Wilson, Staff Writer Oct 21, 2021

Approximately 150 cab drivers and supporters called on the city to improve its debt relief plan for drivers. (Staff Photo by Sirui Wu)

Crying just makes you all the more cinematic when you sit on one of these. (Staff Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: Ranked: Places to cry in NYC

Sabrina Choudhary and Joey Hung Oct 18, 2021

A Bobst study room is without a doubt the most convenient place to cry as you study for your midterms. (Staff Photo by Sirui Wu)

Yellow leaves hanging above people’s heads is a typical fall scene. In this cozy season, there are many things to do in the city. (Staff Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: Ten ways to enjoy fall in the city

Sep 30, 2021

The statue of Marsha P. Johnson, decorated in a wreath and flowers, stands in Christopher Park. This monument honoring the gay liberation pioneer was installed by a local artist without city authorization. (Staff Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: Guerrilla memorial is NYC’s first statue of a trans person

Sep 20, 2021

The statue of Marsha P. Johnson, decorated in a wreath and flowers, stands in Christopher Park. This monument honoring the gay liberation pioneer was installed by a local artist...

The NYU Office of Residential Life & Housing Services has recently changed policy regarding the role of RA’s in order shift RA responsibility away from dealing with student crises towards fostering a real community for students in university housing. (Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: RAs will no longer be required to respond to crisis situations

May 5, 2021

The NYU Office of Residential Life & Housing Services has recently changed policy regarding the role of RA’s in order shift RA responsibility away from dealing with student crises...

A comprehensive guide on how to alleviate those pre-show jitters and nail your Tisch Drama audition from a Tisch insider. (Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: An insider’s guide to Tisch Drama auditions

May 5, 2021

The Stop API Hate campaign continues. Students recount incidents of microaggressions from professors. (Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: ‘So f-cking racist, it's not even funny’: API students are frustrated with microaggressions from professors

Apr 30, 2021

Hate towards Asian, Asian-American, and Pacific Islander people increased during the COVID-19 pandemic. NYU students of Asian and Pacific Islander descent are sharing their experiences with racism in New York City during the pandemic. (Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: Asian students 'terrified' by surge in New York City hate crimes

Apr 26, 2021

Hate towards Asian, Asian-American, and Pacific Islander people increased during the COVID-19 pandemic. NYU students of Asian and Pacific Islander descent are sharing their experiences...

NYU Politics Professor says “I do not believe there is widespread anti-Asian sentiment in the U.S.,” then asks for a retraction.

Photo: NYU Politics professor denies anti-Asian sentiment then asks for retraction

Suhail Gharaibeh, Staff Writer Apr 26, 2021

AAPI members are protesting in New York City in response to an increase in acts of hate against Asian Americans. Recent comments by a professor at the NYU Wilf Family Department...

Asians in the United States are wrestling with anxiety and fear following a surge in anti-Asian violence in New York City and across the United States. In light of this continuing spike, Stern alumna Gloria Li, is offering high school, undergraduate and graduate students a platform to share their stories as members or allies of the Asian American and Pacific Islander community and to brainstorm solutions to combat anti-Asian violence via the #StopAsianHate Essay Contest. (Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: #StopAsianHate Essay Contest aims to amplify AAPI student voices

Nina Huang, Staff Writer Apr 22, 2021

Asians in the United States are wrestling with anxiety and fear following a surge in anti-Asian violence in New York City and across the United States. In light of this continuing...

Images from a recent protest against Asian hate in the Lower East Side. At NYU, an Asian student group is offering self-defense training to Asian students through Northwestern’s Karate Club. (Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: NYU student groups organize against anti-Asian hate

Roshni Raj, Deputy News Editor Apr 15, 2021

A reporter records footages during the recent protest against Asian hate crimes. (Photo by Sirui Wu)

A Wall Street Journal investigation revealed that NYU Langone Medical Center was among hundreds of hospitals to conceal pricing data from search engines. These hospitals are undermining new federal regulations that require U.S. hospitals to provide pricing information online. (Photo by Sirui Wu)

Photo: NYU Langone concealed treatment costs

Apr 13, 2021

A Wall Street Journal investigation revealed that NYU Langone Medical Center was among hundreds of hospitals to conceal pricing data from search engines. These hospitals are undermining...