Click the photo to see more looks from A Detacher.
A Detacher’s Spring 2013 runway show was ready to show off a brand new look to Safari.
The first look that made its way down the runway was a dull grey, safari print jumpsuit with a striking gold necklace. The outfits that followed were simple with rustic colors and materials such as wool and cotton. Gradually, the looks turned from outfits with earthy tones to sassy and more youthful ensembles.
Bold colors like somber grey, mud brown and hints of navy blue and red made their way into the collection. Folds and drapes were also incorporated into the outfits that made the clothes seem strict and mature. A unique necklace was paired with every outfit that brightened the outfit and highlighted the animalistic look of the models.
A Detacher’s style is very comfortable with a repeating pattern of similar patterns, materials and colors.
While A Detacher created a new look to Safari, the inspiration came from a variety of areas. Even though they repeated several patterns, material and colors, the collection was infused with animalistic prints, folds and gold that took a new spin on the sexy safari look.
Angana Maheshwari is a contributing writer. Email her at email@example.com.
- Weekend Roam: Little Germany
- WSN Editorial Board reflects on spring semester events
- Strawberry Festival promises delicious, intergalactic fun
- Clive Davis Institute collaborates with DJ Swivel
- Best places to dine on dumplings
- 'Heroes' is not super enough for Xbox Live film program launch
- NYU SLAM sees victory through 'badidas' campaign
- Victoria Ettore elected student council president
- Hester Street Fair hosts diverse vendors, delicious food