Step 6: Searching Online and In Person

Housing Registry

To assist students with finding non-NYU housing, the Center for Student Life works with a third party vendor, The Housing Registry, to aid in your housing and roommate search. The Housing Registry search features are only available to the NYU community through the use of their NYU email address.

This database contains apartments and rooms for rent, as well as a roommate registry. Brokers and non-members of the University Community are invited to post a listing on the Housing Registry as long as the guidelines are followed.

Please submit any questions or technical issues via the Help option on the Housing Registry site.

SEARCH or POST on the Housing Registry

Housing Registry Searching Tips

NYU Email: Your NYU Email will gain you access to all search features. Your password does not need to be your NYU Password. The first time you enter the site, you will be sent an access code that will need to be entered in order to enter the site. If the code doesn’t come to your email, please be sure to hit “resend” to get your access code resent to you.

Be Aware: Although our third party vendor monitors the registry, this does not mean the site is safeguarded from all possible issues including false posts and difficult people.
Tips and Terms: Please be sure to utilize our “Tips and Terms” page for explanations of various terms you may encounter during your search, as well as other important information about the search process.

Help, Comments, Questions:
Use the “Help” menu option. The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) should answer most of your concerns. If you don’t find the answer you are looking for please use the Help Desk to contact us. How are we doing? Do you think there is something we can improve? We’d love to hear from you. Please leave us your comments and suggestions on the Help Desk.

Apartment Search Links

We realize searching for an apartment in New York City takes tremendous effort and time. Below, we have compiled a list of websites that will assist you in your apartment search. These websites will help you get acquainted with what type of apartment options are being advertised, as well as information on costs, amenities, and the local area. These sites also allow you to search for rentals that meet your specific requirements, and to organize your search along the way.

See Step 10 for short-term  or speciality options which may have a lower cost than traditional hotels.

Click for Step 7: Brokers