Neon Underwear, Politically Correct Cashmere and More Accessories to Sport As Winter Approaches

Winterwear should not be overlooked.
FEATURE IMAGE TO MATCH INSTA EMBED DO NOT USE OTHERWISE

Unless you’re a first-year, you probably have some Heattech pieces in your wardrobe. On a cold day in Uniqlo, you will spot a wide range of people scouring the racks for these thermals. For this season, Alexander Wang has created a collection of stylish heattech that has managed to fly under the radar rather than off the shelves. Unlike most Uniqlo collaborations, this collection has been overlooked. It may seem plain, but I think neon long-johns are something to get excited about.

This pilled beanie from Acne Studios is a signature twist on an essential basic. Additionally, their fair isle beanie is a more subtle way to participate in the ugly sweater trend without going full grandma. And Calvin Klein has blessed us with slightly absurd balaclava pieces that will keep you warm at the price of some stares.  

Scarves are another winter essential, but they don’t need to be a boring afterthought. Check out this fair isle print from End., or this activist option from Noah, and look to ZARA if you’re in search of variety at a lower price point.

Something to note about the change of season is the fabric you’re wearing. Breathable fabrics like denim and cotton will no longer feel cute as the snow hits the ground. These velvet pants from Chloe are not only instagrammable, but practical. Well, as practical as $1500 horse printed pants can be. If you want a pair where you can get more wear, options from J.Brand and Reformation will do the trick.

Corduroy — the once untouchable fabric that almost caused a breakup on Sex and The City — is finally in fashions favor. It’s as cozy as your comfiest sweatpant and just as cheap too. There are multiple designer options from Prada and Bode — but you can literally find pants like these anywhere, including the thrift store. If you don’t want the hassle of secondhand shopping, options from Free People and J.Crew will get you into the trend without hurting your wallet too badly.