Carlos Campos S/S 2017

Gabriella Bower, Beauty and Style Editor

Carlos Campos spring/summer 2017 featured utilitarian classics with a splash of Art Deco. Olive, white, stripes and navy dominated the color scheme of this season’s collection. If not for the Art Deco inspired prints, this collection would have remained in the realm of mundane.

The standout looks were the striped ‘Havana’ woven shirt paired with a striped cotton short and the striped v-neck utility cotton shirt dress, worn by a guy and girl respectively, which displayed fluidity between both genders.

Several of the models wore neck scarves which will surely be a trend for men this upcoming spring and summer, already displayed now in women’s trends.

The Art Deco prints added depth to the otherwise basic collection. The utilitarian collection would have been more interesting if it pulled more prints from the Art Deco architecture the show’s handout mentioned as its source of inspiration. While fashion trends are cyclical by nature, Carlos Campos spring/summer 2017 did nothing to redefine the preexisting utilitarian trend for men. However, it cannot be denied that utilitarian pieces will be found on every man this upcoming season and Carlos Campos provides a quality brand men can rely on to embrace this established fashion trend.

Gabriella Bower is the Beauty and Style Editor. Email her at [email protected].