Natural Products That’ll Keep You Glowing Through the Winter

Snow and wind are no excuse for dull cheeks.
Organic Coconut Melt from Kopari Beauty. (via koparibeauty.com)

Self-care is an essential aspect of your overall health and wellbeing. The holiday season may seem like a time to slack off from a self-care routine, but it actually couldn’t be more of a perfect time. Here are some products that will inspire both an internal and external glow, as well as soothe the body during the harsh winter.

Organic Coconut Melt – Kopari Beauty

This organic coconut oil from Kopari Beauty is meant to be used as a moisturizer. It is perfect for hands and legs — commonly dry areas during this time of year. The product comes in both 5-ounce and 2.5-ounce tubs and is listed for $28 and $18, respectively. The 2.5-ounce sizes are great for those who’d like to test out the product before committing to a larger quantity. Kopari specializes in coconut oil products, is 100 percent natural and smells divine. Plus, the company is cruelty, sulfate, paraben and phthalate-free, on top of being vegan. This coconut melt will make a perfect addition to anyone’s self-care repertoire.

Organic Full Spectrum Lotion – Hemp Garden

You can find a great cannabidiol-containing lotion at Hemp Garden, a quaint shop on Cornelia Street in the West Village that sells products containing hemp including lotion, candies and snack bars. Hemp Garden’s lotions contain CBD and are perfect for soothing fatigued muscles. The lotion physically relaxes the body and can facilitate a deeper, more restorative sleep. While Hemp Garden’s lotions are on the pricier side — $49.99 — it has a concentration of 500 milligrams of CBD. If you’ve ever considered trying hemp products, keep this one in mind.

Sleep Well Oil – Saje

This oil is perfect for promoting bedtime calmness. From the natural wellness brand Saje, the Sleep Well Oil comes in a small .34 fluid-ounce tube with a rollerball applicator and is $26.95. It is best used to roll it on the inner wrists, the bottom of the feet, the temples and behind the ears. After doing so, breathing in the oil’s lovely lavender and chamomile scent will help promote an even and more restful sleep. This product is small but mighty — the smallest hint of the essential oil will help ease you into a peaceful state before bedtime. It is also the perfect size to bring along on travels and is especially helpful on long flights.

Gentle Gel Cleanser – Marie Veronique

This cleanser from toxin-free brand Marie Veronique is perfect for sensitive skin. It sells for $35 in a 4-ounce pump bottle. After using it, one’s face feels soft, clean, and moisturized. It also smells lovely and lasts for a considerably long time, as a single pump will suffice for a thorough and indulgent clean.

Magnesium Oil Spray- The Base Collective

The magnesium in this spray works similarly to CBD in that it too provides relief for sore or fatigued muscles. The Base Collective’s Magnesium Oil Spray is perfect for keeping your body relaxed and skin fresh — which is especially important since the cold, harsh New York wind does nothing to help your skin. It is listed for $21 and comes in a 4-ounce bottle.

Bee Yummy Skinfood – Live Live & Organic

Live Live & Organic is a lovely health food and skincare store in the East Village. Its Bee Yummy skin care products contain natural ingredients such as wildflower honey and royal jelly to promote healthy skin. The Bee Yummy Skinfood, an edible, handmade moisturizer, is rejuvenating and does not contain preservatives, synthetics or chemicals.

Email Matigan King at [email protected].