Crime Log Sept. 23 to Sept. 28

Miranda Levingston, News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received 12 reports of larceny, two reports of attempted larceny, one report of harassment and one report of criminal mischief between Sept. 23 and Sept. 28.

Larceny

On Sept. 23 at 9:05 a.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU staff member that a visitor was behaving in a disorderly manner toward him in the NYU Dental Center. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 24 at 10:10 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her bike was missing from the front of Elmer Holmes Bobst Library. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 25 at 4:35 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her bike was missing from the Meyer Hall bike racks. A police report was filed, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 25 at 4:35 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his headphones were missing from his desk at Meyer Hall. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 25 at 7:25 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his bike was missing from the Tisch Hall bike rack. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 25 at 8:55 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her bike seat was missing from her bike left on the corner of Waverly Place and Mercer Street. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 25 at 10:30 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his bike was missing from the Tisch Hall bike rack. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 26 at 8:45 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his bike was missing

from the Rogers Hall bike rack. A police report was filed, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 26 at 9:55 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his bike was missing from the scaffolding outside of 404 Lafayette. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 28 at 5:56 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his bike was missing from outside the Silver Center. A police report was filed, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 28 at 6:00 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU affiliate that his phone was missing from the sixth floor bathroom of the Bobst Library. The report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 28 at 7:35 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his bike was missing from the Shimkin Hall bike rack. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

Attempted Larceny

On Sept. 26 at 9:35 a.m., a member of Public Safety was able to thwart an attempted bike theft at the Broadway bike rack. The owner of the bike filed a police report, and the case was closed.

On Sept. 28 at 6:30 a.m., a member of Public Safety was able to thwart an attempted bike theft at the 721 Broadway bike rack. A police report was filed, and an arrest was made.

Harassment

On Sept. 27 at 9:30 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that he was harassed by an unidentified man in Washington Square Park. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

Criminal Mischief

On Sept. 27 at 11:15 p.m., Public Safety received a report from a non-NYU affiliate that her car was damaged while parked on LaGuardia Place between Third Street. and Fourth Street. A police report was filed, and the case is open and under investigation.

A version of this story appeared in the Monday, Oct. 2 print edition. Email Miranda Levingston at [email protected].