Visvim Fall 2018 Pop Up

Pamela Jew, Deputy Copy Chief

Through a canvas cascade of red, white and blue, you enter one of the closing events of New York Fashion Week — the Visvim Pop Up opening reception to celebrate their new brick and mortar store in TriBeCa. A shoe maker sat at the entrance making Visvim’s famous moccasin-meets-sneakers shoes by hand. The room was filled with jazz music, pedestals of Visvim’s fall shoe line and racks of the fall line.

The Japanese-born designer of Visvim, Hiroki Nakamura, circled the room showing off his Japanese and Native American fusion styles. The collection appeared to be unisex with its flat-quilted fabrics and vests made out of bandanas. On the racks, there were graphic T-shirts, which would pair perfectly with their collection of fall-ready canvas jackets and bombers. Around the room, large display boxes showcased Visvim’s new denim, called Social Sculpture, button-ups with quilt-like lines and jackets emblazoned with a devil head and lightning bolt, reading “I Feel Free”.

The collection proved to be unique upgrades on everyday streetwear, citing the moccasin-like activewear shoes and the distressed leather hiking boots. If you are looking to check out a ready-to-wear collection that is easygoing and cohesive with any look, check out Visvim’s new pop-up store located at 180 Duane St.

Email Pamela Jew at [email protected].