Rosie Assoulin S/S 2018

Gabriella Bower, Editor-at-Large

Today’s presentation of Rosie Assoulin’s Spring/Summer 2018 collection was what it would look like if you and your best friends got together at your eccentric but stylish grandmother’s house and played dress up. That is, if your grandmother lived in a trendy SoHo loft. Swedish fish, skittles and pretzels were even offered to the models on silver platters periodically throughout the presentation, which evoked memories of after school snacks.

Prints of every kind could be found on the garments of this collection. From plaids in yellows, blacks and blues to polka dots, seashells and Victorian-inspired silhouette art, every ensemble was as fun as it was feminine. There is also an effortless versatility in every piece of clothing that allows the wearer to mix and match, dress up or down, depending on who she wanted to be that day.

One standout look was a modern day’s interpretation of the Cher Horowtiz suit with a puffy sleeved white collared dress shirt underneath a black plaid blouse paired with yellow plaid pants, a straw bag and loafer-like high heels. Another favorite was a polka dot ruffle dress in a neutral cream over jeans and topped off with a red bucket hat. Ruffles, lace and bold colors tied every ensemble in the the collection together.

All in all, the Rosie Assoulin S/S 2018 collection was whimsical and fun, reminding every adult woman in the room that getting dressed every day does not have to be a chore, but rather an enjoyable game.

Email Gabriella Bower at [email protected].