DKLTJU S/S 2018

Liv Chai, Staff Writer

Held in the captivating Angel Orensanz Foundation, the DKLTJU Spring/Summer 2018 runway was a vision of flouncy chiffon and delicate embroidery. The Gothic architecture paired with the violet hues evoked a mysterious, enigmatic venue that led the audience both curious and filled with anticipation for what the collection would show. With the brand focused on “adhering to the developing concept of ‘people-oriented’”, according to their website, the clothing definitely allowed the young models to drop jaws in their stunning ensemble.

DKLTJU, a brand focused on children’s wear, did not fail to impress with the elegant gowns the younger models donned. Models as young as seven were seen gliding in graceful gowns with high neck lines that looked quite similar to cheongsam, a traditional Chinese dress for women made of silk and usually embroidered. While many of the models were girls, young boys were seen wearing the high neck lines and floral embroidery on the lapels of their slick black jackets. Pops of emerald green, gold, and fuchsia accented the white and black color scheme. The pieces then began to delve into party dresses and more modern looks. To compliment the beautiful floral lace, the dresses were adorned from the waist up, ensuring that the attention remained on the embellished tops. Puffy sleeves and adorned necklines in a cloud of white or black chiffon were seen throughout the runway show, with the final look being a jazzy black tulle skirt and black sequined hat complete with netting.

Overall, the collection was a fun and fresh array of dresses on adorable models who were able to showcase them with sophistication and elegance. The daring contrast of the young fresh-faced models in a rather archaic venue made for a captivating display.

Email Liv Chai at [email protected].