Rubin and Chapelle S/S 2017

Diamond Naga Siu, News Editor

The Rubin and Chapelle Spring/Summer 2017 show went as smoothly as the silk that composed all the outfits. The low key event started when the first model strutted onto the walkway and stopped in the middle of the path. She donned a brightly colored dress that exposed almost her entire chest, and the loose material sashayed gracefully around her figure.

A photographer yelled that the show had started, and cameras started flashing while inching closer and closer to the model.

Markus Huemer, the Rubin and Chapelle consultant said that this fall collection focused on the happiness of America, since the Austrian designers, Sonja Rubin and Kip Chapelle, wanted to bring some positivity into the cynical political state of America.

“One of the main inspirations for the two designers was really to make a dress that looked really casual and loungey while making you look great and feel relaxed,” Huemer said. “It’s a really high-end kind of approach, because it’s really to be worn from day to evening.”

Huemer also said that the company created a video infused with political quotes to showcase the vibrancy and versatility of America and fashion.

To match that free aesthetic, the models donned simple, comfortable shoes to pair with the colorful, flowing outfits. The only disappointment was that once the last few models walked away, everyone started asking for the designers, but they did not feel comfortable walking out.

Email Diamond Naga Siu at [email protected].