Tokyo Runway Meets New York Fall/Winter 2015

Sora Yu, Contributing Writer

The designers Aula, Dress Camp, Double Standard Clothing, Fig & Viper, Han Ahn Soon, Mastermind feat. A Girl’s and Riccimie all came together to unveil their collections at the Tokyo Runway Meets New York Fall/Winter 2015 show. With the utmost confidence and flair, each designer showed off their pieces with their own twist.

Most notably, Double Standard Clothing took the runway with absolute poise. Strutting to an electropop remix, the strutted confidently. Though the words, “that’s so ratchet” blasted throughout the room, the designs were anything but. With intricate beading, soft layers, and classy fur coats, Double Standard Clothing stood out amongst the other talented designers.

However, one hit or miss collection was Dress Camp. Some looks were dark, chic and sophisticated, and the some were far too overwhelming for the eyes. This collection consisted of layers, frills and bold colors. With an effort to offer a modern, trendy collection, Toshikazu Iwaya just gave too much. At the very least, the audience’s attention was caught and stunned.

Overall, the Tokyo Runway Meets New York F/W 2015 show dazed and amazed. Whether it was a flashy accessory, an elegant clutch purse or a pair of vibrant sunglasses, each designer made a statement.

Email Sora Yu at [email protected]