NewbarK Fall/Winter 2015

Madison Reis, Contributing Writer

Cozied up on the fourteenth floor of the Bowery hotel in the middle of the brutal New York winter was a little slice of luxury, also known as the NewbarK Fall/Winter 2015 collection. The NewbarK shoes and bags lined the floor in glass trays and sat atop the ornate furniture. The velvet sofa and dark wood antiques matched the mustard, emerald, and brown shades of the collection as if they were made to be paired together.

Made for the woman on the go — more specifically the traveler — the collection is justly called pas•sage. This collection represents “the passage through time” said Maryam, which created a unity of time and space. Featuring gorgeous clutches, purses, and totes with leather accents as well as suede and shearling panels, this collection was both simple and elegant. Muted earth tones dominated.

This collection pulled inspiration from all over the globe; from Morocco to Japan to India. Designers, Maryam and Marjan Malakpour, collaborated with artist Eric Ernest Johnson who created the designs featured on many of the shoes and bags. These embellishments  give a fun pop of pattern to the otherwise neutral design.

A statement piece was the pair of snake-like embossed Sabrina ankle booties. Although chromatically cohesive with the rest of the collection, the booties’ texture was so unique that they seemed to be on a plane all their own.

The main muse for the collection was a pair of emerald loafers. “The Euro vibe, the gold hardware, once I had this, everything just fell together” said Maryam. NewbarK’s Fall/Winter 2015 line is extremely wearable while still keeping the quality of luxury that the label is known for.

Email Madison Reis at [email protected]